Advisor Disability Services I
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Spring Creek Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experiencedAdvisor Disability Services
Provide reasonable accommodation, individual attention, and support
for students with disabilities (as the current disability
documentation supports/and is approved by the Access Review
committee). Provide academic advice, registration, and possible
referral of social/support services for the student.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individualized advice academic and goal setting support
services for students with disabilities.
- Establish and maintain appropriate files and documentation on
eligible students with disabilities.
- Maintain close and regular contact with these students to
ensure appropriate reasonable accommodations and follow up.
- Proctor and administer tests for students on all campuses
needing special testing arrangements.
- Work with and make referrals to area social service and support
- Work closely with the coordinator of student support services
in scheduling note-takers, scribes and tutors.
- Develop and administer disability awareness programs and
professional development activities for faculty and staff promoting
greater sensitivity toward disabilities.
- Assist in providing support during registration and
- Assist in providing leadership with intake and academic
advising for all students.
- Participate in evening and weekend advising, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance
with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree in Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling,
Counseling, Social Work, Education or a related field from a
regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of related
experience working with or teaching individuals who have
Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution and three
(3) years of experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Knowledge of crisis management
- Knowledge of disability assistance technology
- Knowledge of procedures to check out and check in
- Knowledge of available academic and community support options
- Organization and scheduling skills
- Listening, speaking, and presentation skills
- Customer Service skills
- Decision making skills
- Documentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to stay focused
- Ability to apply mediation techniques
- Ability to assess the situation and act professionally
- Ability to act creatively in building additional student
- Ability to shift plans quickly
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to
10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force
constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg
controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the
Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the
job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include
talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and
repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions
or hazards. Office environment. Occasional physical effort
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $40,863.00 - 46,992.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or