provides for the set-up and
tear-down of equipment, furnishings, and supplies for special
events on campus; delivers supplies, material and equipment to
campus departments; and provides custodial services, grounds
keeping, and snow removal as required.
This position is considered Essential Personnel. Essential
Personnel provide services to ensure continuity of University key
operations, and maintain and protect University properties. Should
the University close for any reason, essential personnel may be
required to work their regular hours or other assigned hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
- Provides furnishings, equipment, and materials for use during
scheduled university events, conferences, and special
- Delivers freight and other heavy materials and equipment to
various campus departments and off-campus sites.
- Moves office equipment and furnishings as required.
- Assists with grounds keeping and snow removal as required.
- Provides custodial services for Physical Plant facilities and
other locations on campus as needed.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two or more years of experience in setup and moving; or, an
equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those
- Valid Driver’s License (Class E CDL preferred)
- Proper use of cleaning chemicals and equipment;
- Proper techniques for lifting and moving heavy objects
- Operation and maintenance of grounds equipment
- Organizational skills
- Communication as applied to interaction with coworkers,
supervisors, administrators, and the general public, etc.,
sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work
•Very Heavy Work
•Exerting in excess of 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in
excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
•Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical
currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation,
chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, work
space restrictions, intense noises, and travel.
Some nights, weekends and holidays required.
OT as may be required.
Hours of Work
Open Until Filled