University Services Program Associate
College of Business Administration
Description of College / Department / Program / Division /
The College of Business Administration is one of four colleges at
the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. The CBA consists of six
academic departments and one non-academic department which is the
Small Business Development Center.
Six of the college’s seven academic programs are housed in an
academic department (Accountancy, Economics, Finance, Information
Systems, Management, and Marketing) except for the International
Business program which is managed by the CBA International Business
Advisory Committee ( IBAC ). There are eight majors and seven
minors in the undergraduate curriculum. The college also
participates in the University of Wisconsin online consortium
Master of Business Administration ( MBA ).
The CBA has an outstanding reputation for the high quality of its
faculty, programs, staff, and most importantly its students. The
CBA is fully accredited by AACSB International (Association to
Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) – the premier national and
international accreditation authority. The college maintains active
collaborations within the region and community and with numerous
educational institutions in Europe, Asia, and elsewhere.
The College of Business Administration maintains an active
Assurance of Learning Program to ensure both the undergraduate and
graduate programs are assessed and evaluated on a regular basis to
foster successful student learning. The planning and assessment
efforts are guided by a task force of knowledgeable and
enthusiastic faculty and instructional academic staff. Assurance of
Learning supports the AACSB accreditation principles of
accountability and continuous improvement.
Under the general supervision of the Director, this position is
responsible for providing support to the Director and the
department faculty and for acting as a campus liaison and provider
for student and faculty success. The primary responsibilities of
this position include budget and records management; office
management and administrative support; supervision of student
employees; management of the administrative details of search and
screens; and other miscellaneous duties.
This position is required to act professionally, confidentially,
and independently and at times on behalf of the Director. This
position must be able to work effectively under the direction of
several people, handle multiple priorities by prioritizing
accordingly, and must have effective oral and written
communication. This position has delegation for most departmental
issues with final authority resting at the Director level.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related
• Knowledge and experience in the use of computer software
including Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
• Knowledge and experience in the use of e-mail (i.e. Outlook,
Gmail) functions including electronic calendars.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to coordinate projects, work independently, and
independently set priorities to meet the demands of the
• The ability to multi-task when necessary.
• Possess attention to details and timelines/due dates despite
• Knowledge of policies, procedures, and protocols of an
• Ability to meet and work effectively with people across multiple
levels of the organization.
• Ability to use discretion and good judgment regarding
• Ability and willingness to maintain and enhance professional
competencies by participating in
professional development workshops, seminars, and training
sessions, related to current position responsibilities.
• A Master’s Degree from an accredited university in Business
Administration or a related field.
• Knowledge of budget and appropriation structure, inventory/record
• Knowledge of and experience with procedures regarding purchasing,
purchasing contracts, and
• Ability to plan, assign, and supervise the work of others
The ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Working conditions and environment
General office setting and environment.
Your benefits add an additional 40%+ to the overall financial
package from the university.
• paid vacation for 12-month positions.
• excellent flexible health insurance with low co-pays and good
• paid holidays and sick days.
• after 5 years of employment, you become vested in our retirement
system which ensures income post-career.
• benefits at UWL are highly competitive with local industry and
some of the strongest in state and nation.
Learn more at:
Benefit eligibility is determined at point of hire. This
information is provided for illustrative purposes only. Benefits
are also pro-rated based on the appointment percentage.
The University of Wisconsin System and the University of
Wisconsin–Madison are engaged in a redesign of job title and
compensation structures. The Title and Total Compensation Project
will result in relevant and market-informed titles to help us keep
and grow our outstanding workforce. If you are the successful
candidate, your title is subject to change in November 2021. For
more information, visit:
These are the job duties required for the position.
Budget and Records Management
Duties to Support Responsibility
• Manage all Initiative/Center financial transactions.
• Maintain control of the usage and tracking of the department
• Reconcile monthly billing statements.
• Create spreadsheets to track all expenditures and fund
• Order needed supplies.
• Consult with the departmental chair on monetary issues.
• Oversee all accounts and faculty and undergraduate student
research accounts each year.
• Be the liaison to the Dean and budget offices.
• Process travel vouchers for the chair and faculty.
Percentage Of Time
Office Management and Administrative Support
Duties to Support Responsibility
• Act as the first point of contact for the MFI .
• Make arrangements for meetings, lectures, candidates, workshops,
and Initiative events
• Assist chair of Search & Screen Committee with work related
to the recruitment of faculty/academic
staff members. Keep appropriate documentation of budgetary needs
during the hiring process.
• Process in-coming and outgoing mail.
• Manage and coordinate all other office activities as they relate
to departmental faculty/staff.
Percentage Of Time
Student and Faculty Success
Duties to Support Responsibility
• Hire, train, schedule tasks/hours, and supervise student
employees and GA (if applicable).
• Verify and submit hours on the appropriate software and review
• Direct Faculty and Student (customer) relationship
Percentage Of Time
Posting Detail Information
Continuous Recruitment First Review Date
Position Contact Name
Adam Hoffer, Director of the Menard's Family Initiative
Position Contact Email
Optional DocumentsSupplemental Questions
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Contact Information
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education Web Site
- Discipline-Specific Publication/Web Site
- HERC Web Site
- HigherEdJobs.com Web Site
- Job Center of Wisconsin Web Site
- Minority Publication/Web Site
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Social Media (i.e.
Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Web Site
- La Crosse Tribune
- Personal Referral
- Are you currently under investigation or have ever left
employment during an active investigation in which you were accused
of sexual violence or sexual harassment? (Required under UW System
Administrative Policy 1275)
- Were you ever found to have engaged in any sexual violence or
sexual harassment in a previous work assignment? (Required under UW
System Administrative Policy 1275)
- Are you an alum of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse?
- After you retire from a Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
employer, you may return to work with a WRS employer as a rehired
annuitant, provided certain requirements are met. There are no
restrictions on what type of position a rehired annuitant can hold.
Under the WRS, there is no limit to how much you may earn as a
rehired annuitant. (Learn more:
Are you currently collecting an annuity from the Wisconsin
Retirement System, (WRS)?
- Are you currently employed by or have you been employed by a UW
System institution or a State of Wisconsin agency during the last
seven (7) years? Please answer yes or no. If yes, provide the
institution or agency name, your supervisor and contact
information, including phone number and email address.
- Please provide your most recent employer, supervisor name and
contact information, including phone number and email address.
(Pursuant to UW System Administrative Policy 1275, UW System
requires reference checks related to sexual harassment and sexual
violence to be conducted at a minimum with a final candidate’s most
recent employer and with all previous UW System institution and
State of Wisconsin agency employers from the past seven years. UW-L
will notify you prior to contacting your supervisor).
(Open Ended Question)
- Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship for
employment at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse? (UW-L and UW
System institutions pay for some or all of the sponsorship costs.
Some candidates may require an H1B or another form of employment
sponsorship to work in the US. This question is asked so that if
you are the successful candidate, Human Resources can work with
your work unit to begin the process of obtaining this visa).
- Yes, I will require sponsorship prior to employment.
- Yes, I will require sponsorship for continued employment if
- No, I do not require sponsorship and am eligible to work in the
- The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the
identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing,
except that the identities of finalists must be revealed upon
request. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
- I wish for my name to remain confidential until the university
is no longer able to do so.
- I waive my right to keep my name confidential through the
- Are you legally eligible to work in the United States?