Researcher - REVISED REVIEW DATE
College of Business Administration
Description of College / Department / Program / Division /
The College of Business Administration is one of three colleges at
the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. The CBA consists of six
academic departments and one non-academic department which is the
Small Business Development Center.
The position is funded and renewable for up to three years, with a
high probability of being funded for additional years. The goal of
this position is to promote scholarly activity and engage with
students. Scholarly activity should lead to a collaboration with
students and/or faculty. Excellent communication skills are
Essential Job Functions include fiscal and supervisory
• Research, Operating Experimental Economics Laboratory
• Teach at least one undergraduate course
• Writing Research Papers for Peer-Reviewed Academic Journals
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Candidates for the appointment should have or be near to completing
a Ph.D. in Economics by the start date; qualified applicants who
are ABD and near completion of the dissertation will be considered.
The successful candidate must also have a strong commitment to
scholarly activities that result in peer-reviewed
The candidate should possess expertise in Experimental Economics
and/or Political Economy. Experience with grant writing and
fundraising is also preferred.
Working conditions and environment
Working in an experimental laboratory as needed based on
participant recruitment and research needs.
Your benefits add an additional 40%+ to the overall financial
package from the university.
• 22 days of vacation for 12-month positions (that are
• excellent flexible health insurance with low co-pays and good
• paid holidays and sick days.
• sick leave may be converted at retirement to pay for health
insurance post-work at UWL .
• after 5 years of employment, you become vested in our retirement
system which ensures income post-career.
• benefits at UWL are highly competitive with local industry and
some of the strongest in state and nation.
Learn more at:
Benefit eligibility is determined at point of hire. This
information is provided for illustrative purposes only. Benefits
are also pro-rated based on the appointment percentage.
These are the job duties required for the position.
Duties to Support Responsibility
Scholarly Activity. Scholarly activity includes presentations,
grant writing, working papers, and published papers. It is expected
that scholarly activities will result in peer-reviewed
Percentage Of Time
Duties to Support Responsibility
A typical semester will include one course, a three-hour teaching
load. Duties will also include assessment activities and
maintaining office hours.
Percentage Of Time
Posting Detail Information
Continuous Recruitment First Review Date
Position Contact Name
Position Contact Email
Optional DocumentsSupplemental Questions
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Contact Information
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the
identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing,
except that the identities of finalists must be revealed upon
request. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
- I wish for my name to remain confidential until the university
is no longer able to do so.
- I waive my right to keep my name confidential through the
- Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship for
employment at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse? (UW-L and UW
System institutions pay for some or all of the sponsorship costs.
Some candidates may require an H1B or another form of employment
sponsorship to work in the US. This question is asked so that if
you are the successful candidate, Human Resources can work with
your work unit to begin the process of obtaining this visa).
- Yes, I will require sponsorship prior to employment.
- Yes, I will require sponsorship for continued employment if
- No, I do not require sponsorship and am eligible to work in the
- Please provide your most recent employer, supervisor name and
contact information, including phone number and email address.
(Pursuant to UW System Administrative Policy 1275, UW System
requires reference checks related to sexual harassment and sexual
violence to be conducted at a minimum with a final candidate’s most
recent employer and with all previous UW System institution and
State of Wisconsin agency employers from the past seven years. UW-L
will notify you prior to contacting your supervisor).
(Open Ended Question)
- Are you currently employed by or have you been employed by a UW
System institution or a State of Wisconsin agency during the last
seven (7) years? Please answer yes or no. If yes, provide the
institution or agency name, your supervisor and contact
information, including phone number and email address.
- After you retire from a Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
employer, you may return to work with a WRS employer as a rehired
annuitant, provided certain requirements are met. There are no
restrictions on what type of position a rehired annuitant can hold.
Under the WRS, there is no limit to how much you may earn as a
rehired annuitant. (Learn more:
Are you currently collecting an annuity from the Wisconsin
Retirement System, (WRS)?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education Web Site
- Discipline-Specific Publication/Web Site
- HERC Web Site
- HigherEdJobs.com Web Site
- Job Center of Wisconsin Web Site
- Minority Publication/Web Site
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Social Media (i.e.
Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Web Site
- La Crosse Tribune
- Personal Referral
- Are you an alum of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse?
- Were you ever found to have engaged in any sexual violence or
sexual harassment in a previous work assignment? (Required under UW
System Administrative Policy 1275)
- Are you currently under investigation or have ever left
employment during an active investigation in which you were accused
of sexual violence or sexual harassment? (Required under UW System
Administrative Policy 1275)