Transcript and Records Generalist (Part-Time/20hrs)
Ensures recording of all received and processed academic records
and requests as they relate to student coursework, transfer work,
transcripts and new student files. Provides communication support
for transcript and record analyst regarding student academic
records. Position qualifies to work remotely subject to CBU
Telecommuting policy .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Process student readmits including updating program enrollment
and transcript records.
2. Build program enrollment records for new students.
3. Manage records and holds of outstanding transcripts and test
scores for new students lacking official records at time of
4. Manage receipt of incoming and outgoing documents and
5. Provide assistance with entry of transfer work and variances on
6. Process new first-time freshman academic files including
evaluating high school transcripts and test scores for
7. Assist with enrollment verifications, letter request, and
8. Assist with student communications and notifications.
9. Prepares records such as agendas, notices, minutes, and
resolutions for transcript and record analyst meetings.
10. Assist in managing student requests for meetings for transcript
and records staff.
11. Provide support in the graduation and degree posting
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
§ A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general
office methods, procedures and practices.
§ Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
§ Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of
§ Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to
work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student
§ Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing,
prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
§ Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
§ Ability to maintain confidentiality.
§ Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
§ Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special
§ Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
§ Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
§ Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and
§ Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
§ Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school; or six months to one year related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Other Document
- Other Document 2