Assistant Director for the Counseling Center
Assists with the overall operation of the California Baptist
University Counseling Center ( CBUCC ). Assures compliance with all
regulatory boards of the profession of marriage and family
therapists. Maintains an integral role and partnership with Student
Services departments and University Administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Embraces and actively demonstrates Christ-centered, biblically
based, psychologically sound therapy.
2. Assist in managing all aspects of the Counseling Center.
3. Assist in leading all CBUCC departmental meetings.
4. Participate in a University Student Care Team Meetings as
5. Provide supervision of CBUCC trainees and associates.
6. Assist in the development of systems to assure
psychological/spiritual needs of the student body are being
7. Assist with assessment and intervention with members of the
campus community exhibiting emotional or psychological
8. Oversee after-hours client crisis calls.
9. Interact with University officials to identify students who may
be experiencing emotional or psychological difficulties.
10. Assist in developing and training student leaders and
University Officials in basic mental health first aid and other
pertinent topics related to mental health.
11. Assist in developing and presenting Students Services Annual
Assessment of the CBUCC .
12. Keep current on laws, policies, protocols, and procedures
affecting Counseling Center operations and staffing in accordance
with the standard of practice and competence within the profession
of Marriage Family Therapists.
13. Assist in developing and maintaining partnerships with
appropriate mental health professionals and agencies.
14. Serve as a liaison between the CBUCC and all University
15. Maintain and oversee all marketing and publicity efforts of the
16. Provide departmental oversight for all systems related to
recordkeeping and budget.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and
training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
§ Knowledge of California state law regarding the practice of
§ Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes nights and
§ Ability to assist the Director in administrative and procedural
decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
§ Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
§ Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart
§ Ability to assist the Director in supervising and training staff,
including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
§ Thorough knowledge of Business English and arithmetic; general
office methods, procedures, and practices.
§ Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control
procedures and documentation.
§ Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
§ Ability to assist the Director in examining and re-engineering
operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and
implementing new strategies and practices.
§ Ability to assist the Director in developing and maintaining
recordkeeping systems and procedures.
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to
work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student
Education and/or Experience
Master’s degree (M.A.) a minimum of 2 years of experience, related
experience, training, or equivalent combination of education and
experience. Current, unrestricted licensure as a Marriage Family
Therapist; a minimum of 2 years clinical practice as an MFT ;
minimum of 2 years’ clinical supervisory experience.
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Other Document
- Other Document 2