The Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management has
an opening for an Assistant/ Associate Professor with expertise in
Environmental, Social, and/or Corporate Governance. The University
of Houston is a major, public, comprehensive research university
situated in the fourth largest city in the United States. The
College is one of the leading hospitality and tourism programs in
the world. It is located in a world-class facility that contains
extensive laboratory facilities, a library, convention space and a
Responsibilities will include:
- Teach related courses at the undergraduate and graduate
- Supervise doctoral students
- Publish within the top-tier hospitality and tourism
- Serve on College committees as assigned
- Attend College and University meetings and events
- Other duties as assigned by the administration
The College is seeking to identify successful candidates with
strong research and teaching skills. A candidate should identify
their research and teaching areas in a letter of interest,
curriculum vitae, and a copy of a recent publication if available.
Applications and nominations for these positions will be accepted
until the positions are filled.
We welcome candidates whose experience in teaching, research, or
community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment
to diversity and excellence.
The University of Houston is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Notes to Applicant:
- This position requires an earned doctorate.
- Research must focus within the context of environment efforts,
social, and/or corporate governance. This could include a focus on
topics such as renewable energy, pollution, sustainability, equity,
diversity, inclusion, sexual harassment, corporate social
responsibility, and/or strategic management. It should be
applicable to the hospitality industry.
- Candidates must have demonstrated the ability to publish in
- Two years of teaching experience at the community college
and/or university level preferred.
- Management experience within the hotel/tourism industry
- Appointment at the academic rank of an Associate professor may
be considered for candidates with relevant experience, grant
funding, and national/international reputation.
Official transcripts are required for a
faculty appointment and will be requested upon selection of the
final candidate. All positions at the university are security
sensitive and will require a criminal history check.