Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a
work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse
faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at
the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College.
We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually
dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship.
Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and
build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Director,
position. Reporting to the Associate Vice
President, the Director of Human Resources provides strategic
leadership in the development and implementation of HR policies,
procedures, and programs with an emphasis in the areas of talent
acquisition, performance management, and employee relations. This
position supports the AVP in efforts to ensure that HR policies,
processes, and procedures are in compliance with the College's
collective bargaining agreements, and applicable laws and
regulations. The Director demonstrates a broad range of HR
expertise to support cross-functional collaboration and maximize
service delivery to internal and external stakeholders.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please
visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply”
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees
are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality,
comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important
component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and
all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and
New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• A minimum of six (6) years of related HR experience
• A minimum of three (3) years of HR leadership experience
• Strong leadership, customer-orientation, and collaboration skills
• Experience using a talent acquisition system, such as
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple and changing
• Knowledgeable of best practices within the human resources field
• Knowledgeable of applicable local, state and federal laws and
• Strong problem resolution and communication skills
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using an enterprise-wide system, such as
Ellucian Banner, required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using MS Word and Excel required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a
diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and
staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and
ethnic backgrounds required.
• Master's degree in Human Resources, organizational development,
business or related field preferred. Any and all degrees must be
from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Previous HR experience in a unionized environment
• Previous HR experience in higher education preferred.