Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a
work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse
faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at
the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College.
We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually
dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship.
Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and
build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an
Assistant to the Dean of Business and Technology (Technical
Craft Specialist B)
position. Reporting to the Dean of Business
& Technology, the Assistant to the Dean provides full support
performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative
and clerical support duties with narrow authority to regularly make
independent decisions, exercise independent judgment and resolve
problems that are central to the day-to-day operations of the
division. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
providing administrative support to the Dean, Assistant Dean and
department heads/coordinators; providing information and services
to a wide range of internal and external contacts; managing paper
flow in compliance with College and division deadlines; managing
the Dean's calendar; drafting correspondence, and editing and
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please
visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply”
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees
are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality,
comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important
component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and
all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and
New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
• High school diploma required.
• Minimum (7) seven years' experience in an administrative support
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Word, PowerPoint and
• Experience with online calendars and meeting planning tools
• Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work
• Solid working knowledge of office processes with strong
organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize,
multi-task, organize time effectively, conduct research and
identify resources for projects required.
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
(including proofreading and editing) required.
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism by phone and in person
• Proven ability to demonstrate initiative and think proactively to
see tasks through to completion with appropriate follow-up
• Ability to develop collaborative working relationships among
internal staff and external constituents required.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in working as part of a team or
independently to meet goals in a deadline-driven environment
• Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making
skills and ability to take action and resolve issues
• Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with
sensitive work information required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college
staff and students required.
• Some college or Associate's degree preferred.
• Previous administrative experience supporting an executive or
senior-level manager or working in higher education
• Experience with database management and Banner (or other ERP