Research Support Librarian
and Librarian Assistant Professor or Librarian Associate
Kennesaw State University
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a
full-time, twelve-month, non-tenure track Research Support
Librarian and Librarian Assistant Professor or Librarian Associate
Professor faculty position in the Kennesaw State University
Library System that begins in January 2022.
Librarianship duties include (80%):
- Provide instruction in research and information literacy for
both face-to-face and online classes
- Foster relationships with faculty to incorporate library
instruction into courses in multifaceted ways
- Develop and maintain LibGuides and/or other digital or physical
instructional materials to support subject disciplines and
- Work with students to develop advanced level library research
skills including collecting, organizing, and analyzing sources
- Provide research assistance and reference services to students
- Engage in KSU Library System service, KSU University service,
and service to the library profession.
- Participate in scholarship, research, and/or creative activity.
Contribute to the development of the library profession and/or
subject-specific discipline through scholarship, presentations, and
Required qualifications Include:
- An earned Master’s in Library Science from an American Library
Association accredited program, or the foreign equivalent is
- Three years experience working as a librarian in an academic
library or equivalent experience
- Excellent instruction, presentation, interpersonal, oral, and
written communication skills
Preferred qualifications may include:
- Experience working as a business subject specialist in a
university or special library
- Demonstrated experience or knowledge working with business
- Knowledge of or experience providing quantitative research
- Experience delivering library instruction
- A record of professional service
- A record of developing scholarship within academic
librarianship or subject specialty
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known
for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. Offering
campuses in Marietta and Kennesaw, the university is located just
north of Atlanta and combines a suburban setting with access to one
of the country’s most dynamic cities. As Georgia’s third-largest
university, Kennesaw State offers more than 100 undergraduate and
graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs.
Designated by the Board of Regents of the University System of
Georgia as a comprehensive university, Kennesaw State is committed
to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to
broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on
a local, regional and national level.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines,
and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of
Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability,
national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or
veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.