Vista University in Ivins, UT has an immediate opening for
Assistant Dean of Student Affiars and Advising
To be considered for this
position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary
SALARY AND BENEFITS
: The salary of
the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a
variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge,
experience, education, and credentials.
The salary range represents the
University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of
possible compensation at the time of posting.
RVU offers a full benefits package that
included 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid
vacation, sick and holidays.
RVU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Responsible for all academic matters concerning student
welfare, advancement and discipline to ensure that students receive
academic support and guidance, professional mentorship, career
development, appropriate physical and mental health care, and other
services as needed and that students remain compliant with the
policies and procedures of the university.
- Supervises and directs the academic and career advising aspects
of the Office of Student Affairs team for CO and UT RVU locations
and programs. Oversees the academic advising and career advising as
well as supervising the administrative assistant on the UT
- Direct, train, and develop career and academic advisors.
- In conjunction with the Associate Dean of Student Affairs,
develops and monitors the Student Affairs budget.
- Leads regularly scheduled meetings with program staff to
- In collaboration with the Deans/Program Directors, evaluates
and addresses concerns regarding student behavior and compliance
with university and college policies and Code of Conduct, referring
the cases as indicated to the Administration and the Student
Performance Committee. The Assistant Dean for Student Affairs and
Advising shall be an ex officio member of the Student
Performance Committee, the Chair of the Students at Academic Risk
Committee, and the non-voting Chair of the Student Honor Code
- Assures effective and efficient delivery of student services in
accordance with institutional goals, university policies and
- Constructs and conducts surveys, needs assessments and
evaluations of student needs, satisfaction with administration,
faculty, services and academic offerings as a component of the
annual report to the VP of EM and the Board of Trustees.
- Ensures that institutional policies are in compliance with
government regulations impacting students and that institutional
mandates and requirements are met and applied. With a specific
emphasis on ADA accommodations.
- Maintains standards for student behavior, recommend
disciplinary actions as necessary and document all student failures
to comply with established policy and procedures.
- In coordination with the Deans and Program Directors, provide
initial review of any student absences and all requests from
students for a leave of absence, voluntary withdrawal, or transfer
and recommend action to the Dean, Program Director or his/her
designee. Provide direct advising and guidance to any student
facing dismissal for academic or disciplinary reasons.
- Serves on CO and UT University Committees and attend to other
projects/duties assigned by the Associate Dean of Student Affairs
and the VP of EM. Attends national and local student affairs and
other professional conferences to advance professional skills and
services to RVU students.
- Assist the Faculty and Administrators with special project