Facilities Services Technician
: Staff - Full-Time
Facilities Service Technicians perform specialized custodial care
and general building maintenance to maximize a healthy, safe,
pleasant, and functional environment. UVU offers an excellent
benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid
holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and
AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for
employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a
Graduation with a standard high school diploma or the equivalent
AND 1-3 year(s) experience related to key roles and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of electrical and electronic systems maintenance and
* Knowledge of the operation and repair of various types of
* Knowledge of basic hand tools and equipment used in routine
* Knowledge of ADA standards for proper mounting of equipment and
* Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques and standards.
* Knowledge of all floor types such as terrazzo, cement, wood,
vinyl, and ceramic tile as well as carpet fibers, weaves and
* Knowledge of waxes/polishes, acids, other chemicals, buffers,
extractors, vacuums and scrubbers.
* Knowledge of basic pest control.
* Knowledge of safe work practices.
* Skilled in the use of hand and power tools common to trade.
* Must have strong troubleshooting and problem-solving
* Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
* Must be service oriented; actively seeks opportunities to help
* Skills in operating personal computers, including the
accompanying CMMS software and Microsoft Office software.
* Ability to learn and care for an assigned area and
* Ability to read electronic and mechanical schematics and
* Ability to operate saws, grinders, drills, forklifts, buffers,
and various hand tools.
* Ability to operate cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, carpet
extractors, burnishers, etc.
* Ability to understand chemical cleaning application and
* Ability to identify maintenance problems that need attention and
* Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
* Ability to work well under pressure; meeting multiple and
sometimes conflicting deadlines.
Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy
lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds.
-Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job.
-Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical
risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
-Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as
extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors,
and/or loud noises.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous
leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental
insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver
(undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and
substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
$31,052 - $38,816
Review Start Date:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/23626
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s
qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability,
veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related
conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.