Admissions and Records Officer
Employment - Information & Instructions
- Work Department: Admissions
- Class Title/Code:
Admissions and Records Officer (2756)
- Effective Date: Jul 20, 2021
This position supervises the document imaging system. This position
also processes and evaluates
application materials to determine admission to the University and
maintains prospective student
- Review freshman and transfer application files for completion;
apply admission criteria and
determine admissibility (calculate GPA, hours earned, test scores);
update status using
appropriate MVS screens and perform file maintenance in Laserfiche;
generate letters (missing
information, admission, denial) for preparation by Admissions
Clearinghouse; finalize accepted
student files with final transcript academic information-GPA, test
scores, hours earned.
- Apply University codes corresponding to major, high schools and
colleges, and application type
and fee, and load admission applications into MVS; create new
student records and update or
merge existing records.
- Process enrollment cancellations and changes of term for
applied and admitted students;
update appropriate MVS screens; generate confirmation letters.
- Correspond with prospective students via phone and email to
clarify missing or inaccurate
information and to respond to inquiries regarding admission
standards and procedures.
- Review reports of pending application files and perform
appropriate processing actions.
- Supervises the process of the imaging system functions for the
Admissions office: solves
problems (misreads, misfiling, data entry errors, missing
documents, merges), provides training
and assistance on use of software (document retrieval and routing);
and serves as liaison to
AIMS regarding complex mechanical, operational, and data management
- Scans and indexes documents into the document imaging
- Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Any one or combination totaling three (3) years (36 months)
from the categories below:
- course work in any discipline as measured by the following
conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 30 semester hours equals one (1) year (12 months)
- 60 semester hours or an Associate's Degree equals eighteen
months (18 months)
- 90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- 120 semester hours or a Bachelor's degree equals three (3)
years (36 months)
- work experience in administrative support, admissions and
enrollment, customer service, public relations, records management,
or closely related experience.
- Starting Salary: $16.40
- Application Deadline: Aug 3, 2021
- Additional Information:
New minimum qualifications as of 07/15/2021.
Complete an Employment
online. Submit supplemental application materials,
which may include transcripts, licenses, certifications, resume,
and a copy of the DD214 (if applicable), via email to HR-Testing@wiu.edu
All application materials are due in the WIU Human Resources Office
no later than 4:30 p.m. the day of the application deadline.
Western Illinois University is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and a
non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual
orientation, gender identity and gender expression, religion, age,
marital status, national origin, disability, or veteran
For questions regarding the application process, please
Human Resources Office
Sherman Hall 105
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-1971 ext. 1
Fax: (309) 298-2300
Open: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.