Admissions and Records Assistant
Employment - Information & Instructions
- Work Department: Office of the Registrar
- Class Title/Code:
Admissions/Records Assistant (2754)
- Effective Date: Jul 19, 2021
The major function of this position is to coordinate and supervise
all aspects of the processing and transmittal of official WIU
academic transcripts. This position also serves as back up for the
- Coordinate processing of transcript requests received through
the mail, fax, walk-in, electronically or through a third-party
- Coordinate processing of off-line transcripts through document
imaging system. For security reasons, we must remove personal
identifiable information (i.e. social security number, birth year,
male/female designation, previous names, etc.) before copying and
transmitting the academic transcript.
- Coordinate clearance or non-clearance of financial or
administrative holds with the Billing and Receivables Office. If
the hold cannot be cleared, must notify the customer that the
transcript cannot be released and provide instructions on the
procedure to be followed to clear the hold.
- Coordinate processing of legal name changes on academic
transcripts and the student record system, also known as the
student master file. Must determine if the two forms of
documentation of the name change are sufficient to change the name
on all files. Communicate with the customer if additional
documentation is needed.
- Coordinate release of transcripts to the Study Abroad Office,
Military Science, Human Resources, and Provost Office.
- Provide accurate information with regard to inquiries from
students, alumni, parents, staff, external agencies regarding
transcripts, academic information, procedures, policies, PIN
resets, and other miscellaneous information.
- Provide back-up for degree verification, enrollment history,
name changes, course descriptions, etc.
- Use scanning software to scan off-line records into imaging
and, when applicable, coordinate with other staff members to have
an off-line record built into the on-line system for transcript
- Coordinate with third party vendor transcript requests that
must be overnighted via FedEx.
- Provide input on changes needed to the on-line transcript
request screen. Provide input on changes of information required on
the transmittal form on the security transcript paper.
- Maintain inventory of supplies required for the transcript
department. Coordinate ordering of transcript paper, envelopes,
stamps, with departmental secretary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Any one or combination totaling one (1) year (12
months) from the categories below:
- course work in any discipline, as measured by the following
conversion table or its proportional equivalent: 30 semester hours
equals one (1) year (12 months)
- work experience which could include administrative support,
admissions and enrollment, customer service, public relations,
records management, or closely related experience.
- Starting Salary: $12.966
- Application Deadline: Aug 2, 2021
Complete an Employment
online. Submit supplemental application materials,
which may include transcripts, licenses, certifications, resume,
and a copy of the DD214 (if applicable), via email to HR-Testing@wiu.edu
All application materials are due in the WIU Human Resources Office
no later than 4:30 p.m. the day of the application deadline.
Western Illinois University is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and a
non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual
orientation, gender identity and gender expression, religion, age,
marital status, national origin, disability, or veteran
For questions regarding the application process, please
Human Resources Office
Sherman Hall 105
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-1971 ext. 1
Fax: (309) 298-2300
Open: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.