Retail Associate (Extra Help)
Employment - Information & Instructions
- Work Department: University Bookstore
- Class Title/Code:
Retail Associate (3877)
- Effective Date: Jul 20, 2021
A(n) Retail Associate typically -
- sells merchandise to customers.
- stocks retail area as needed; maintains neatness of retail
- makes up kits for special courses, packages special orders or
other marked materials.
- assists in taking inventory, reports items for reorder.
- receives and unpacks shipments of merchandise and
- checks purchase orders against vendors' invoices for material
- posts prices on merchandise.
- operates a cash register in retail area such as a food sales,
bookstore, or other customer sales operation; totals purchases of
customers on cash register, collects money from customers and makes
change, accepts electronic payment for items, provides appropriate
- checks cash on hand notifies supervisor of shortage or overage
of starting cash count; notifies supervisor when insufficient
change is present.
- provides other customer service as required.
- may assist in ordering process or correspond/communicate with
vendors regarding orders or payments.
- assists in daily reading of registers, opening and closing
- verifies reserve and change funds and obtains change, wraps
coin and currency.
- performs other related duties as assigned.
- Required Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Starting Salary: $11.00/hr
- Application Deadline: Aug 6, 2021
- Additional Information:
Extra Help dates of appointment: August 2021
Complete an Employment
online. Submit supplemental application materials,
which may include transcripts, licenses, certifications, resume,
and a copy of the DD214 (if applicable), via email to HR-Testing@wiu.edu
All application materials are due in the WIU Human Resources Office
no later than 4:30 p.m. the day of the application deadline.
Western Illinois University is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and a
non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual
orientation, gender identity and gender expression, religion, age,
marital status, national origin, disability, or veteran
For questions regarding the application process, please
Human Resources Office
Sherman Hall 105
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-1971 ext. 1
Fax: (309) 298-2300
Open: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.