For the 12th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a
“Great College to Work For”. Be a part of the Rollins experience
and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us?
The Office of Information Technology at Rollins College seeks an
IT Security Architect to join their team!
Total Rewards & Compensation:
- 25 Days - Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and personal time)
- 11 Days - Paid Holidays
- 10 Days - Paid College Closure Days
- Eligible for Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision
Insurances (within 30 days of hire)
- 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account
- 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- 5% Employer Retirement Contributions
- Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
- FREE On-Campus Parking
- FREE Access to Campus Amenities (gyms, pools, library, sporting
events and more)
- FREE Full Tuition for Employees and their Families
- Pet Insurance
- 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Award-Winning Wellbeing Programs: Blue Rewards, Rally Dollars,
Hinge Health Musculoskeletal Coaching
- Plus More!
- Local & National Discount Programs, including Winter Park
Locations (i.e. shops, restaurants, gift cards and more)
- FREE E-Training Courses & Professional Development
- IT Software & Laptop Discounts (Apple, Lenovo, and
- College Bookstore Discounts
- Annual Service Awards & Recognition Programs
- Discover what it's like to live in Orlando: Live, Work, Play
- Plus More!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for IT Security solution design, program roadmap
and implementation associated with the short and longer term
strategic goals of the IT organization.
- Represent the IT Security team on IT Architecture Review
- Conduct research and evaluate new IT Security technologies to
develop plans consistent with desired business outcomes that will
be cost effective and functional.
- Prepare IT Security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain proper record and documentation of IT Security
- Lead IT Security team and serve as liaison between other IT
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business
strategies and requirements; researching information security
standards; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration
issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Plan security systems by evaluating network and security
technologies, developing requirements for local area networks
(LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs),
routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices.
- Prepare preventive and reactive measures adhering to industry
- Monitor logging/SIEM solution and investigate potential
security anomalies and prepare system security reports by
collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Maintain IT systems security by monitoring and ensuring
compliance through incident response analysis and risk assessment
- Upgrade security systems by monitoring security environment;
identifying security vulnerabilities; evaluating and implementing
- Ensure that the principle of least privilege access is followed
for appropriate Rollins systems.
- Provide Tier 3 support for the Help Desk and keep the Help Desk
informed of all issues affecting users. Plan and set priorities for
- Utilize Help Desk ticketing software to coordinate user support
and change management.
- Interact with product vendors and subject matter consultants,
as needed, to resolve software and/or hardware issues.
- Plan, schedule and perform project work for team.
- Perform other relevant departmental duties as assigned.
- Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or
other IT related discipline preferred or equivalent experience
typically gained through 10+ years of IT security experience.
- Ability to manage outside vendors and to negotiate contract
- Demonstrated expertise in an environment that hosts Windows,
Mac OS, Unix/Linux, Apple IOS, and Android end-user devices.
- Demonstrated expertise anti-virus protection, messaging and
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security
- Working knowledge of security best practices.
- Ability to act independently with minimum supervision in
standard operating and problem-solving situations.
- Ability to understand, follow and communicate complex oral and
- Superior detail orientation, with the ability to learn and work
with new procedures, instructions and systems.
- Ability to maintain composure in a dynamic, fast pace and
problem resolution environment.
- Understand and implements project management best
- Ability to work effectively under deadline pressure.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and collaboration skills
with other IT and College personnel, contracted vendors, and
service providers and the public.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Visio,
Access and other business tools.
- IT security certification.
- IT experience working in a higher education environment.
- At least four (4) years of team and/or project leadership
- Campus-based position working in an office environment.
- Indoor and outdoor working environment, required to carry smart
- Work requires visual strain, as well as occasional strenuous
activity involving moderate lifting, bending, stooping, stretching,
standing and walking.
Typical work hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm, but this
role requires flexibility, including some evening/weekend/holiday
hours and regular and emergency call-out as needed.
To learn more about Rollins effort about the College’s response
to COVID-19, please click
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following
Screening of applications will begin immediately.
About the Office of Information Technology:
- Information Technology provides computing, networking, and
technical support services to the Rollins community.
- Click here to learn more about the Office of Information
About Rollins College:
Rollins seeks to foster and to model a campus environment that
is welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all of our administrators,
faculty, staff, and students. We view differences (e.g.
nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic
class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) not
as obstacles to be overcome but as rich opportunities for
understanding, learning, and growth.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to
creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons
from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore
encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of
sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic
origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, physical characteristics, or any other category
protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational
programs and activities.