Xavier University, a Jesuit Catholic institution, seeks
applications for a full-time Director of Men’s Basketball
Operations. The primary purpose of this position is to provide
operational management and tactical support to the Head Coach for
Men’s Basketball and is responsible for all recruiting coordination
We are strongly committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and
diversity. These values are central to our mission
who have worked with a diverse range of faculty, staff, and
students and who can contribute to our mission of inclusivity are
encouraged to identify their experiences and interests. Xavier
University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Xavier University’s Men’s Basketball video coordination
and all facets of video analytical operations. This includes
scouting and game preparation.
- Serve as Administrative point person for all student athlete
needs to include but not limited to: academics, weekly schedules,
financial aid, grants, finances, housing and the Xavier Fortune 15
- Coordinate scheduling of practice and game facilities. Employ
strong communications skills with various platforms to ensure so
all parties are informed up to the minute.
- Plan and organize on-campus recruiting visits in accordance
with NCAA and University guidelines.
- Coordinate on-campus housing and meals for student
- Plan and organize programs such as the Men’s Basketball camps
and all community outreach service programs. Programs may include
speaking engagement for players and/or coaches.
- Develop camps and clinics in the region and promote the Xavier
Men’s Basketball program.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by the
Head Men’s Basketball Coach including research of other successful
- Provides academic support and retention for Student Athletes by
meeting with Academic Advisors to ensure eligibility of Student
Athletes and monitoring academic progress of Student Athletes –
academics are a first priority for the MBB program success.
- Coordinate all aspects of recruiting for Xavier’s Men’s
Basketball program. This includes but is not limited to:
- Compiling and organizing schedules for perspective student
athlete games during both high school and non-scholastic
- Firm knowledge of Fast Recruit software
- Prepare analytics from data as needed for coaching staff
- Schedule and organize all official and unofficial visits
- Provide evaluations of perspective student athletes through
video study (specifically Synergy and Krossover software)
- Direct all on campus post-game recruiting interactions
- Presents and provides scouting reports, data and trends
- Remain NCAA Compliant in all facets of coordinating recruiting
- Collaborate with MBB staff and coaches.
- Provide leadership and guidance during practices, games and
recruiting that results in positive competitive environments for
- Assists with physical and mental preparation both in season and
- Assists with organizing team meetings for distribution of
Athletic information forms, sports information forms, NCAA Student
Athlete statements and drug policy.
- Assist in the skill development of Post Players.
- Coordinate Offensive Game Plan in both competition and practice
- Supply detailed analysis of both offensive and defensive
- Bachelor’s degree with a 1-3 years’ experience in field.
- Firm knowledge about compliance with NCAA, Big East and XU
Athletic Department rules and regulations.
- Valid driver’s license and meet the requirements for
insurability under Xavier University’s policy.
To ensure consideration, interested/qualified applicants must
submit a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and
telephone numbers of three professional references on Xavier
University’s website. This position will remain posted until
August 8, 2021
to learn more
about Xavier Athletics