Applications are invited for the
position of Dean, College of Business Administration (COBA) at the
University of New Orleans (UNO). The successful candidate will have
knowledge and experience with AACSB accreditation, fundraising
skills, a history of success in working within a business
community, and the ability to envision and provide leadership to
advance the College of Business Administration. Excellent
interpersonal and communication skills are critical, as are
openness, integrity, and a spirit of collaboration.
The Dean will be the chief executive officer of COBA, reporting to
the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, and
will have responsibility for leading the College and managing its
resources to accomplish its teaching, research, and service
mission. The College of Business Administration (COBA) provides
excellence in higher education, research, community leadership, and
service. From its renowned business programs to community-involved
faculty to acclaimed research centers, students are prepared to
succeed in a demanding job market. COBA offers a broad selection of
degrees in its four departments (Accounting; Economics and Finance;
Management and Marketing; and Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism
Administration). The College promotes students' self-motivation to
excel and guides them toward professional careers and
entrepreneurship in an environment of life-long learning.
The next Dean of the College of Business
Administration will bring to UNO a passion for supporting student
learning, world-class faculty, and a dedicated staff. The next dean
- provide leadership to students, faculty, and staff that fosters
and sustains college-wide excellence in teaching, research, and
service, and prepares and supports a professional workforce.
- foster collaboration among faculty and other deans and play an
essential role in the University's growth and advancement.
- work with the faculty to articulate a vision for the College
and work with the Provost and President to implement that
- actively participate in fundraising efforts, recruiting and
retaining outstanding faculty, strengthening undergraduate and
graduate educational programs, and creating a research environment
that supports faculty's creativity and innovation.
- manage college resources to achieve the teaching, research, and
service mission of UNO.
- facilitate communication and collaboration between COBA and its
external stakeholders, including alumni, industry, and the greater
- evaluate faculty performance and advise the Provost of
faculty line recommendations. This includes evaluation of faculty
teaching, service, and scholarly activity; performance counseling
in cases of unsatisfactory performance; encouragement of
professional development including grant proposals; recommendations
for sabbatical and other leaves of absence, tenure, and
- work with the Office of Enrollment Services to recruit and
retain students in the business program. In conjunction with the
Admissions Office, create a system of communication with current
and prospective business students.
- Enhance and execute College's strategic initiatives and
contribution to the University's long-term cultivation.
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution and a record
of teaching, scholarly achievement, service, and other
qualifications that merit appointment as a Professor in one of the
- At least three (3) years of successful administrative or
leadership experience and significant budgetary responsibility
- External fundraising experience and knowledge
- Experience in AACSB accreditation, program evaluation and
review, strategic planning, and programs for student advisement,
recruitment, and retention
- Experience with graduate degree programs such as MBA and
Executive MBA, non-traditional programs, accelerated bachelors, and
study abroad programs
- Excellent record of publications
- Proven ability and commitment to work collaboratively with
people across a range of differences and with a diverse range of
disciplines and groups
Please upload the following documents in the
Resume/Cover Letter section.
- Detailed resume listing relevant qualifications and
- Cover Letter indicating why you are a good fit for the position
and University of Louisiana Systems;
- Names and contact information of three references.
Applications that do not include the required uploaded
documents may not be considered
Posting Close Date : This position will remain open until filled.
Note to Applicant:
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications
and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and
preferred qualifications in their cover letter. The search
committee will use this information during the initial review of
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase
of the recruitment process.
This position may require a criminal background check
to be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for
positions at the University of New Orleans may be required to
demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.