Are you looking for an exciting and fulfilling career as a Medical
Assistant? Medical Services at CU Boulder
applications for Medical Assistants!
multiple positions available. Medical Assistants receive an
excellent compensation package including paid vacation and sick
leave, medical, dental and life insurance, paid holidays, and
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Medical Services is the primary health care resource for CU Boulder
students. Through comprehensive care and education, we seek to give
students the skills and knowledge they need to develop healthy
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Provider Support, Patient Care, and Customer Service
- Interview patient for primary complaint, acquire appropriate
vital signs, and detail pertinent medical history in the Electronic
Medical Record during the patient intake process, including
documenting previous allergies, medication list, significant
medical history, and learning barriers.
- Implement provider's plan of treatment for patients of all ages
primarily late adolescent and early adulthood population.
- Assist in direct patient care procedures and give prescribed
medications and immunizations, including calling in prescriptions
and completing prior authorizations.
- Support nurses and providers during procedures and in code
situations based upon proficiencies in Medical Services.
- Assist with front office duties, stock exam rooms, and provide
infection prevention and cleaning of rooms between patients.
- Perform POC tests on patients on a regular basis.
What We Can Offer
- Documents and charges the EMR of all procedures, POC,
treatments, and administered medications.
- Starting salary is $17.00 per hour ($17.50 per hour if
certified or registered).
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be Courageous. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- High School diploma or GED.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Program from an accredited
institution by date of hire and eligibility to acquire a Medical
Assistant registration/certification within six months of
- BLS certificate (upon hire or can be acquired within three
months of hire).
What We Would Like You To Have
Active Medical Assistant registration or certification such
- Attention to detail and organization skills.
- Motivated, adaptable, and accountable.
- Basic digital literacy skills.
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) and proof of current
membership from American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) and proof of current
membership from American Association of Medical Assistants
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) and proof of
current membership from National Health career Association
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) and proof of
current membership from National Certified Competency Testing
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by August 5, 2021, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: