The Construction Safety Research Alliance encourages applications
for an Associate Director for Qualitative Research! The candidate
hired to fill this position will begin work in the Spring of
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Construction Safety Research Alliance housed in the University
of Colorado Boulder is an alliance between industry leaders and
experienced researchers with interdisciplinary backgrounds to
transform construction safety research. We seek to propose and test
new ideas, invite industry to actively participate in the research,
develop new technologies, and prepare a new generation of
practitioners and academics.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Lead CSRA Research Teams
- Crafts qualitative research methods for planned CSRA
- Coordinates research team activities.
- Communicates qualitative research methods and data collection
to industry team members.
- Leads collaborative qualitative data collection and
- Summarizes research results for the CSRA community and external
industry and academic partners.
Technical Writing and Presentation
- Works with graduate students and other CSRA staff to publish
peer-reviewed journals and conference papers.
- Writes, reviews, and edits industry-focused papers, technical
reports, and research updates.
- Presents CSRA research in professional and academic
- Represents the interests of CSRA in outreach activities with
potential CSRA members.
Student Supervision and Mentorship
What You Should Know
- Leads development opportunities and mentoring on qualitative
research data collection and data analysis.
- Assists with the supervision and mentorship of graduate and
undergraduate research assistants.
- Assists with mentoring students through writing, submitting,
and revising peer-reviewed manuscripts.
What We Can Offer
- A background check will be required in accordance with the
Boulder Campus Background Check Policy.
- Reports to CSRA Executive Director (Dr. Matthew
- Coordinates with Associate Director for Research (Dr. Siddharth
Bhandari) and Associate Director of Strategic Advancement (Dr.
The annual salary for this position is $100,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be Driven. Be Engaged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- 5 or more years of research experience.
- Extensive publication record in qualitative research in
What We Would Like You To Have
- Ability to apply qualitative research methods to safety
- Ability to use qualitative research software to conduct robust
- Ability to communicate with industry professionals.
- Demonstrated experience in Ph.D. student supervision.
- Specific experience in social constructivism.
- Experience with research that involves industry
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
If you are selected as the finalist, your degree will be verified
by the CU Boulder Campus Human Resources department using an
approved online vendor. If your degree was obtained outside of
the United States, please submit a translated version (if
applicable) as an optional attachment.
During the application process you will need to enter contact
information for one reference who will be contacted to provide a
letter of recommendation and additional materials, if needed, as
the search progresses.
Please apply by August 1, 2021
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: