The Kogod Global Learning Office manages numerous study abroad
programs for Kogod students at the undergraduate and graduate
level, including full semester or academic year abroad programs and
short-term faculty led study tours. The Global Learning Assistant
will assist with the planning, promotion, and assessment of
promotional events and activities; perform research and analysis of
current and potential future programs; provide oversight of the MOA
database and contracting and RFP process, and provide office
management support. This position will also provide extensive
support for the MBA@American International immersion and extension
1. MBA@American International Immersions and Extensions
- Serve as project manager on MBA@American International
immersions and extensions (up to 4 per year), including RFP
process, coordination with the Business@American team on student
registration and creation of materials for the Learning Management
System and predeparture, and logistics oversight in country
including travel to support programming.
2. MOA Database
- Oversee all aspects of Kogod’s International MOA processes
including creation of initial documents, coordination with others
on campus, including the Office of General Counsel, AU Abroad and
the Office of the Provost in order to comply with MOA policies and
- Coordinate with others in KSB on the KSB MOA database as well
as policies and procedures.
3. Office Administration
- Manage online forms and course intranet sites (including the
pre-departure aspects of the MBA@American LMS site).
- Assist as needed with filing, photocopying, mailings,
4. Promotional Events & Activities
Essential Functions (continued)
- Develop and prepare informational and publicity materials
(including flyers, posters, website updates, newsletter
- Support publicity for programs.
- Communicate with students, faculty, and staff, including
- Manage catering and space requests as needed.
5. Research & Analysis
- Research trends in study abroad and international partnerships
at business schools; analyze and summarize results
- Suggest new or expanded ways for Kogod Global Learning to
- Design and administer electronic surveys; analyze and summarize
6. Special Projects & Programs
- Support special projects and program as needed (e.g.
International Education Week, panels, visiting universities,
hosting visiting groups, etc.)
7. Support KSB Winter intersession Programs
- Includes RFP and contracting process
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This position requires travel up to 4 weeks per year
Required Education and Experience
- Full time
- Specialist A
- This position will require occasional working hours outside of
the regular 9-5 workday (attendance at occasional evening and
weekend on-campus events including orientation, graduation,
prospective student events and various class presentations).
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Master's degree or equivalent
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful
completion of a background check
- To ensure the health and safety of our community AU requires
COVID-19 vaccinations for faculty and staff. Click here to learn
more about our health and safety directive.
Current American University Employees:
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at
American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU
portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which
will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University
careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and
regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal
appearance, gender identity and expression, family
responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran
status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases
under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its
programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: