DENTAL HYGIENE FACULTY POSITION
WEST VIRGINIA – Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center West Virginia
School of Dentistry – Assistant/Associate Professor, Department of
West Virginia University School of Dentistry
WV is seeking applications for a full-time clinical track faculty
position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level in the
Department of Dental Hygiene. Determination of faculty salary and
academic rank is within the purview of the Dean and Faculty
Evaluation Committee and will commensurate with qualifications.
West Virginia University Robert
C. Byrd Health Sciences Center
Campus includes the Schools of
Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Public Health. Located
only 80 miles south of Pittsburgh, Morgantown is easily accessible
to major metropolitan areas in the East and Midwest and has been
named one of the best small cities in the U.S.
Responsibilities will include oversight of didactic, pre-clinical,
and clinical instruction to dental hygiene and dental students,
high quality scholarly activity, and service-related activities.
The successful candidate may serve as Senior Clinic Supervisor and
course director for other courses as assigned.
The following required qualifications must be met by the time of
- Master’s Degree in dental hygiene or health related field.
- Registered dental hygiene graduate from a dental hygiene
program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the
American Dental Association.
- Possess a current dental hygiene license from the West Virginia
Board of Dental Examiners.
- Current BLS certification recognized by the American Heart
- Two years of experience as a dental hygiene clinical
- Two years of experience as a practicing dental hygienist.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing the dental hygiene
- Evidence of multiple appointed and/or elected officer positions
in state and national organizations.
- Demonstrate effective written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Evidence of positive leadership skills.
- Strong commitment to diversity, collegiality, and social
- To be considered for appointment at the Associate Professor
level, candidates must demonstrate a record of scholarly activity,
service, and experience in dental hygiene education.
- Due to the nature of this position the successful candidate may
be required to verify that they are fully vaccinated for
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until
the position is filled by the qualified candidate.
Electronic submission of application with supporting credentials
(letter of interest addressing the requirements above, current
curriculum vitae, contact information for three professional
references including names, postal addresses, email addresses, and
phone numbers, and permission to contact these references) can be
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender
equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff,
and students, and invites applications from all qualified
applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics,
disability, or Veteran status.