Work Site Location:
Coeur d' Alene Campus
P6 To see full Salary
Structures click here
The purpose of this position is to
provide curriculum and instructional design and assistance to
instructional divisions and faculty, particularly when the designs
will be implemented and delivered online (eLearning), completely or
in part. These projects may relate directly to curriculum and
course development, course evaluation based on best practices
defined by Quality Matters or other related and college adopted
guideline, faculty and student user training, and user support
systems. This position requires flexibility to work weekends and
evenings as needed to provide training and support.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Employs instructional and media design concepts to provide
materials and services in all aspects of the development and
implementation of online teaching and learning.
- Consults with and provides individualized, continuous
instructional and technical support to faculty in the integration
of instructional technologies through activities and
- Collaborates with faculty, staff and other members of the
instructional design team in planning, designing, documenting and
training on a wide range of instructional resources and projects
related to the enhancement of online teaching and learning.
- Plans and develops developmental resources and activities.
- Evaluates and employs emerging technologies, instructional
design concepts and best practices.
- Identifies training improvement opportunities based on surveys,
faculty and student feedback and focus groups.
- Designs and delivers orientation, training and technical
support to faculty and students.
- Assists the College through participation in various planning
and advisory committees as assigned.
- Works in a team-centered environment.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work
relationship with supervisor, college staff, students and the
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
: Bachelor’s degree is required. A minimum of one-year full-time
experience designing and developing courses for post-secondary
education or in a corporate setting is required, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• • Knowledge of instructional design methodologies, pedagogical
issues and best practices for classroom, online and hybrid
• Knowledge of processes and standards for planning and
implementing instructional design and development
• Knowledge of instructional strategies, curriculum standards and
• High level of competency with online learning technologies and
resources, content creation, learning management systems and web
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Strong ability to establish and maintaining effective working
• Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems for technical
• Ability to employ best practices and Americans with Disabilities
Act (ADA) compliance to online/hybrid courses and materials
• Must be able to work nights and weekends-as needed.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of
background check and proof of degree.
All application materials including resume and cover letter must
be uploaded and the application completed prior to the close
Advertised: July 23, 2021 Pacific Daylight
Applications close: August 13, 2021 11:55 PM Pacific