The National Sales Manager is a WGCU brand ambassador,
strategically leveraging sales and marketing concepts and tools, to
gain corporate support and network with C-suite executives of
companies of all sizes, to invest in WGCU. This position is
responsible for direct sales and develops revenue generating
relations with national brand executives, local field marketing
managers, ad agency account teams, franchisees, association
presidents, and other influencers. Assists in the development of
sales strategies to drive revenue for WGCU to both philanthropic
corporations, and to clients seeking return on investments. The
National Sales Manager reports to the Associate General Manager of
Business Partnerships and Corporate Investments and may supervise
the efforts of third-party contract sales organizations.
WGCU seeks a conceptual individual who can champion ideas and best
practices into strategic marketing programs to articulate WGCU’s
value proposition, and develop incremental revenue. The successful
candidate will be a mission based, strategic leader sitting at the
intersection of sales, marketing and corporate support. A
sophisticated and deep knowledge of marketing and advertising tools
combined with an appreciation of the social and intellectual impact
of public media is critical. Preference will be given to candidates
with a demonstrated history of high performance and achievement in
closing business and increasing market share.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and
maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which
students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social
activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life
reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that
practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate
expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students
to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently
diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic
and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender
identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural
traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives
to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just
because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our
University stronger. The University community recognizes the
importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these
ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and
inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to
apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow
and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates direct sales efforts with the Associate General
Manager of Business Partnerships and Corporate Investments.
- Develop marketing concepts in partnership with other
departments that increase corporate investments and inspire
increased membership support.
- Promote marketing and sponsorship opportunities on radio, TV,
and digital channels. Identify and estimate monetary value of
missed sales opportunities.
- Maximize revenue potential for all spots and special
- Independently create new presentations and determine audience
data on program services of WGCU, and their comparative value
against commercial media channels
- Prepares a national revenue operating budget and performs
ongoing budget analysis. Prepares and provides reports to Associate
General Manager and General Manager.
- Develop strategies to enhance nontraditional revenue
- Execute trades to alleviate station-wide expenses.
- Oversees the work efforts of third-party sales vendors.
- Accurately forecast national market variables and WGCU’s
revenue potential using industry specific media software.
- Develop growth revenue by focusing on “conversion” targets from
other media including radio, print, online and cable.
Additional Job Description
- May supervise or train other sales persons.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an
appropriate area of specialization.
- Five years of professional full-time experience in corporate
fundraising and event sponsorship.
- Five years of professional full-time experience in direct
management of a sales team .
- Expertise in digital sales, radio, TV, and event sponsorship
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience,
and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficiency with
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, finance and management
principles, practices and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing and advertising tools.
Knowledge of sales, marketing, traditional, and new media.
- Expert knowledge of Nielsen, Google Analytics Media Audit,
Scarborough, Media Monitors or BIA, traffic software for radio, TV,
and digital, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
and complete simultaneous projects.
- Ability to influence at the most senior levels of an
organization and work across functions, levels, and departments
toward shared objectives.
- Ability to collaborate and develop strategic relations with a
diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and business
- Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and
perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse
demands are involved.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity
of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and
- Ability to set the value for WGCU’s public service and audience
at approximately 3x the commodities advertising market.
- Ability to use effective decision making and problem-solving
- Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high
standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best
practices into the organizational structure.
- Ability to travel extensively overnight, throughout the
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent judgement in
the establishment, interpretation, application, and enforcement of
all rules, regulations, and policies.
- Ability to effectively manage the work of others by providing
information, guidance, and motivation.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.