80261 - H - Education Specialist CE 1
SOE Office Prof Dev and Strategic Engagement
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity,
service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A
premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as
one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to
work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported
and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave
package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an
opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Anticipated Hiring Range
Monroe Park Campus
Normal work days
Normal work hours
9 AM - 3 PM
Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the
VCU Health System?
Does this position require a pre-placement medical
Is any portion of this position grant-funded?
Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the
Description of the Job
The School of Education is excited to invite candidates who will
serve as an Instructional Coach with the Office of Strategic
Engagement. The position seeks experienced instructional coaches
grounded in Special Education, Math, Science, or English content,
who will work directly with classroom teachers to enhance
instructional practices and student learning.
The Instructional Coach will possess toolbox of best practices
· Strategically communicate and build relationships that promote
trust and respect;
· Collaboratively work with teachers and content teams in pursuit
of student-focused conversations and instructional needs;
· Thoughtfully guide and analyze data-driven instruction to surface
student need and next step decisions;
· The Instructional Coach will possess understanding and
application of instructional coach best practices, application of
Canvas, Schoology, Performance Matters.
· Degree in Education or related field of math, science, English or
· Instructional coaching experience coaching and professional
development that supports, knowledge, skills and abilities of
· Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience;
· Direct experience working with underrepresented or underserved
populations and meeting needs in high-need or urban schools;
· Demonstrate knowledge of adult learning;
· Experience with online and traditional instructional design and
· Demonstrated experience working in, and fostering, a diverse
faculty, staff and student environment.
· Advanced degree in education;
· Preference will be given to those with professional experience
working with urban populations.
Job Open Date
Remove from posting on or before
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Multiple applicants will be hired from this posting.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
The School of Education values the following as our culture
'The School of Education (SOE) recognizes that trust among all
members of the SOE community is the foundation of a positive work
· Realizes that our well-being as an institution depends upon the
well-being of our members,
· Respects all members, new and continuing, regardless of
· Values honest communication and finding ways to respectfully
address difficult issues,
· Strives to listen without bias and search for common
· Is committed to equity, fairness and a level playing field for
all of its members,
· Knows that the SOE community thrives, because of diverse
viewpoints and areas of expertise,
· Fosters collaboration, collegiality and mutual support among all
members of its community.'
Please describe ways in which you have worked to foster this type
of culture in the professional workplace or in your everyday
(Open Ended Question)
Share ways in which you have worked directly with teachers to
guide their practice and promote thinking and learning in their
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document