About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative
colleges in the United States by Money Magazine, is a comprehensive
Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of
Newport, Rhode Island. The University's commitment to academic
success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus
into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and
skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers bachelor's and master's
degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in
humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment
includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from
across the U.S. and around the world.
The Business Analyst/ Project Manager is responsible for analyzing
current business operations to identify improvements and
efficiencies, documenting current and end state business process
solutions, providing support of the implementation, integration,
and transition of business changes. Additionally, the BA/PM is
responsible for overseeing the successful completion of assigned
projects, which includes managing resources, setting timelines,
meeting deadlines, communicating project status and adjusting
project requirements as necessary with stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with department users to understand, analyze and document
current business processes
- Research information related to systems, best practices and
peer intuitions to offer suggested improvements to business process
in support of data quality and or efficiencies.
- Identify and document sources of data in University
- Define requirements for reports/exports utilizing enterprise
applications, the enterprise data warehouse, and BI tools in
support of departmental operations and strategic reporting
- Verify preliminary designs for IT solutions and perform testing
- Coordinate with associated team members on defined
- Research project requirements alongside members of the Program
- Provide resource estimates
- Answer questions and provide technical assistance / training to
users based on research of system documentation and proper use
- Resolve problems by reviewing and analyzing software
documentation, data inputs/outputs.Identify causes and suggest
solutions and or make appropriate referrals
- Document system procedures and guidelines for application
- Document program modifications for developers
- Guide community members in requesting and successful approval
of projects that align with University strategic compass.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives,
involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
as it falls in the PMLC.
- Develop a project communication plan to be executed.
- Maintain a status dashboard that is visible to all stakeholders
and the Salve community.
- Coordinate Salve resources and third parties/vendors for
- Ensure resource availability and allocation to maintain or
- Create comprehensive project documentation plan.
- Create a testing plan.
- Assist with quality assurance of data during the development
and testing phase of the project.
- Perform Risk Management to minimize project risk
- Transition project from implementation to operations with how
to and where to get help after a project has closed.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document
- Work with external consultants or contractors, as required, to
attain optimal solution, regardless of computer platform, but in
conformance with existing network architecture, for administrative
- Participate in training sessions and workshops, as appropriate,
to maintain required technical skill levels.
- Perform such other related duties that may be assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Information Systems Science, Computer
Science, Mathematics, Business, or a related field is strongly
- A minimum of two years' work experience in an Information
Technologies related position is required.
- A strong working knowledge of reporting technologies, such as
Business Objects' Web Intelligence is highly recommended.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague ERP System Tools is
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with users,
administrative users, Information Technologies staff members, and
outside consultants is essential.
- Excellent organization and oral and written communication
skills are required.
- The ability to work effectively as a team member or as an
independent contributor is essential.
- Person is to be well organized, facile with various peripheral
devices for IS operations, able to interpret and deliver user
information requests using tracking and reporting tools.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in
employment and education to all employees, students and applicants.
No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or
harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran
status, genetic information or any other basis protected by
applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve
Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission
policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other
University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it
does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational
programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making
its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant
with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.