About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative
colleges in the United States by Money Magazine, is a comprehensive
Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of
Newport, Rhode Island. The University's commitment to academic
success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus
into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and
skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers bachelor's and master's
degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in
humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment
includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from
across the U.S. and around the world.
Provide administrative support to the CIO and the Department of
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform general administrative duties such as phone calls,
email, ordering office supplies, scanning, copying, filing, and
sorting incoming / outgoing mail
- Tracking of credit card payments and receipts
- Vendor invoice, payment and contract maintenance for software
- Maintenance and reconciliation of department budget to accounts
- Coordination of University telephone and cable bills
- Scheduling and coordination of department meetings and
- Assistance with travel arrangements for office staff
- Assist with the preparation of technical documentations and
- Manage departmental knowledge base including presentations,
handbooks, guides, policies, newsletters, proposals and website
- Perform data entry maintaining departmental information such as
equipment inventory and accounts
- Address office equipment needs and problems
- Research information as needed for analysis by department
All other job-related duties as requested by the AVP/CIO.
Individual may also assist other members of the Office of
Information Technology, as needed.
- High school diploma or GED and 3 years of office experience
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills and be
comfortable communicating and working with a wide variety of people
from both inside and outside the University.
- This position requires an individual with outstanding
organizational skills who is able to work on multiple tasks
- Must be a team player yet have the ability to work
- Must possess excellent computer skills; confidently employ
office technology; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook etc) and willing to increase
skills as needed.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in
employment and education to all employees, students and applicants.
No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or
harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran
status, genetic information or any other basis protected by
applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve
Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission
policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other
University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it
does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational
programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making
its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant
with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty
positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment
background checks and reference checks are required of successful
candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.