Admission CRM Database Analyst
Located in the historic community of Walla Walla
, Whitman's beautiful
tree-lined campus is home to an intellectually dynamic, diverse,
and supportive community of some 500 staff and faculty and 1,500
students. With an endowment exceeding $700 million, fiercely loyal
alumni, exceptional students, and accomplished faculty and staff,
Whitman College continues to build on its national reputation for
academic excellence ranking as one of the top liberal arts colleges
in the country.
is building a diverse
academic community and especially encourages applications from
women, members of historically underrepresented minority groups,
persons with disabilities, and others who would bring additional
dimensions to the college's learning environment. Whitman College
is an EEO employer.
The Database Analyst is responsible for maintaining the integrity
of the Admission CRM (Whitman College is currently licensing Slate
by Technolutions, Inc.) and is responsible for processing, storing,
analyzing, and preparing data for output, and providing Slate
support to the enrollment and communications team. This position
will work closely with the Assistant Director of Analytics to
develop analysis, reporting and integration capabilities for
Admission, Financial Aid and Communications. Remote work may be
considered for this position for candidates living in Washington,
Oregon and Massachusetts.
- Manage Whitman's Slate CRM system, including new feature
management, performing maintenance and developing
- Implement technical aspects of the annual Cycle Prep processes,
including recommending and implementing process improvements.
- Support strategic and operational data needs through ongoing
and periodic development and maintenance of queries, reports,
informational portals, integrations, data visualizations.
- Maintain access to and integrity of admission data, ensuring
the quality and security of the data through the management of data
documentation, processes and controls.
- Develop, implement and monitor the standards for data
collection, use and retention in accordance with local, state,
federal and international regulations.
- Assist with the development of Slate objects and functionality
including forms, registration pages, communications, portals,
admission work workflows etc.
- As needed, troubleshoot issues with data collection, retrieval,
- Develop and deliver training for new and continuing Slate users
on campus, helping to ensure data quality, efficient use of Slate,
and maximization of Slate's capabilities.
- Collaborate with a variety of campus departments and offices
for the purpose of collecting, sharing and reporting on admission
data relevant to those areas.
- Engage with professional user groups, peer institutions and
other external organizations to identify best practices and new
data-driven trends in the admission profession.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Individuals must be able to explain and/or demonstrate that they
possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to safely perform the
essential functions of the job with or without reasonable
- Professional experience managing Slate or a similar CRM system
in an admission, sales or fundraising setting.
- Demonstrable experience with relational databases, data
management, analysis, reporting and visualization tools.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize,
analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with
attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with
patience, discretion, tact and a keen eye for detail while working
with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and work independently and as a
part of a project team.
- Ability to positively and actively contribute to the College's
core values of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Bachelor's degree
- Two or more years of relevant professional experience, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience
Application review will begin on July 30, 2021 and will continue
until the position is filled.
September 7, 2021
For full application instructions and position description,