Client Services Consultant
Located in the historic community of Walla Walla
, Whitman's beautiful
tree-lined campus is home to an intellectually dynamic, diverse,
and supportive community of some 500 staff and faculty and 1,500
students. With an endowment exceeding $700 million, fiercely loyal
alumni, exceptional students, and accomplished faculty and staff,
Whitman College continues to build on its national reputation for
academic excellence ranking as one of the top liberal arts colleges
in the country.
is building a diverse
academic community and especially encourages applications from
women, members of historically underrepresented minority groups,
persons with disabilities, and others who would bring additional
dimensions to the college's learning environment. Whitman College
is an EEO employer.
The Client Services Consultant provides desktop hardware and
computing support, network printer repair and installation, and
assistance to all technology users on campus. This position
collaborates with other IT members to provide an information
technology environment that is consistent with the goals of Whitman
College and meets the needs of faculty, staff, and students.
- Perform service calls. This includes configuring, delivering
and installing computers and other peripherals, solving issues with
desktop & laptop computers, supporting classroom and lab
technology, and consulting with faculty and staff on use of
computer hardware and software.
- Resolve problems, perform maintenance, and repair networked
printers across the institution.
- Resolve problems, perform maintenance, and repair laptop and
desktop hardware issues for Whitman owned computers.
- Participate in endpoint management projects to continue efforts
in building an environment of greater efficiencies through
automation and feature development.
- Perform other essential duties and implementation of projects
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Individuals must be able to explain and demonstrate that they
possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to safely perform the
essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable
- Advanced operation of Macintosh and Windows computers and other
- General computer and network printer hardware repair.
- The installation of standalone and networked computer
- The use of common application software, such as Microsoft
Office applications, email, web browsers.
- Problem solving techniques and ability to read and interpret
- Consulting with users on various software, hardware, and
- Familiarity with enterprise level network printer functions,
troubleshooting, and repair & maintenance.
- A commitment to customer service to provide timely, attentive
care and making sure needs are met in a manner that reflects
positively on the college and Technology Services department.
- Strong team orientation.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills enabling the
establishment of cooperative and collaborative working
relationships with a variety of campus constituencies.
- The ability to positively and actively contribute to Whitman
College's core values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- A clear ability to make technical issues understandable.
- An ability to work occasional evenings or weekends.
- An ability to perform manual labor, including heavy lifting (30
lbs.) regularly a short distance.
- One or more years of experience in computer user support in a
networked computing environment.
- Ability to obtain Dell & Apple hardware repair
certifications and/or CompTIA A+ certification within the first
year of employment.
- A two-year college and/or technical school degree with emphasis
on Computer Information Systems. A bachelor's degree is a
- Experience working in user services in higher education.
- Experience working on an IT Help Desk.
- 5+ years experience or a combination of education and
Application review will begin on July 30, 2021 and will continue
until the position is filled.
September 15, 2021
For full application instructions and position description,