CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, LONG BEACH
Tenure-Track Librarian Position Opening
Recruitment Number: 2628
Position: Senior Assistant Librarian (Business), Full-Time,
Effective Date: On or about August 1, 2021
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and
To Apply Visit:
- Master's Degree in Library and Information Science (or
equivalent) from an American Library Association-accredited
program. Degree at time of application or official notification of
completion of the degree by July 1, 2021.
- Work experience as a librarian or information
- Demonstrated effectiveness at teaching information literacy
skills and/or lifelong learning concepts.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at providing research
- Experience working collaboratively with diverse socioeconomic,
cultural, and academic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse
- A degree in one (or more) of the following disciplines:
Business, Economics, Finance, Management, or Marketing.
- Experience as an academic librarian in one or more of the
following disciplines: Accountancy, Business, Economics, Finance,
Information Systems, International Business, Legal Studies in
Business, Management and Human Resources Management, and/or
- Demonstrated potential to meet the requirements for tenure and
promotion under the library's criteria for professional
performance, research, scholarship and service.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, select, and review
information resources in relation to curricular and collection
Review of applications to begin December 4, 2020
Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled)
A background check (including a criminal records check and
telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be
completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a
position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the
background check may affect the application status of applicants or
continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated
reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting
Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in
CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse
population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance,
civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each
individual, without regard to race, color, national origin,
ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age,
Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.