Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and
the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our
world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students,
faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the
confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London;
Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto;
Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and
Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through
this network, we expand opportunities for flexible,
student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate
programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to
degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among
these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees
designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the Director of Project Management, the Operations
Coordinator will provide support to the Senior Vice Chancellor of
Global Mobility & Digital Strategy and her senior team.
- Managing busy executives' administrative needs to ensure their
time is effectively allocated and that they have the information
needed to advance the priorities of the office.
- Daily management of business operations, with a strong emphasis
on building relationships and culture.
- Provides quality service to members of the fast-growing EDGE
division as well as external clients and vendors by displaying
professionalism and subject matter expertise in various operational
- Will assume responsibility for special assignments at the
request of the executive team.
Due to the dispersed nature of the team, must be adept at working
virtually across multiple time zones in a fast-paced
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible executive support and
office management in a fast-paced and service-oriented
- High degree of diplomacy, customer service and organizational
skills with a demonstrated ability to juggle a wide variety of
responsibilities and advance multiple priority tasks
- Must be a self-motivated worker who can anticipate problems and
demonstrate significant independent judgement, ability to
problem-solve under pressure with minimal direction.
- Strong business acumen, experience managing finances and
forecasting operating expenses
- Willingness to take initiative and ownership, build win-win
situations. Sound judgment and ability to deal effectively with
matters of a highly visible, complex and strategic nature is
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to
read people and build fast rapport
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with tact
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft and Adobe products,
databases, A/V systems, and virtual meeting software, with an
ability to quickly learn new technologies.
Prior experience within higher education, nonprofit management or
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking
to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and
staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its
forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect
that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and
support of diversity and inclusion, please see
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/507203