Customer Service Coordinator, Program Management
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and
the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our
world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students,
faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the
confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London;
Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto;
Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and
Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through
this network, we expand opportunities for flexible,
student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate
programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to
degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among
these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees
designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and
About the Opportunity:
The Global Experience Office (GEO) is a central office of global
education at Northeastern University, committed to ensuring that
every Northeastern student has an opportunity to engage in
intellectually challenging and culturally enriching experiences
throughout the world. To achieve this, GEO partners with
Northeastern colleges and units to integrate meaningful global
experiences into their curricula and to enhance their capacity
through global mobility. Northeastern's signature programs,
including Dialogues of Civilizations, Global Quest, The N.U.in
Program, and Semester-In, are carefully designed to reflect the
Northeastern University (NU) global mission, complement students'
on-campus studies, deepen students' knowledge of the world and
their chosen field of study, and help students develop
intercultural and political sensitivity, utilize and strengthen
foreign language skills, explore global career options, and grow as
individuals. Through these programs, GEO facilitates global
experiences for over 3,800 NU students and 200 additional foreign
- Assist the Program Management and Student Success Team with
direct communication to students and parents and enhance the
overall level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Respond to a high volume of program inquiries from prospective
and enrolled students/parents on the phone and email in a
- Provide timely responses and track email inquiries from
students and parents. Identify and report trends with
recommendations for process or program improvements to resolve
re-occurring questions / problems.
- Discuss first-year academically-integrated programs with
prospective students/parents at Admissions information sessions
during yield season. Maintain working knowledge of program content
to be able to answer all inquiries with confidence and ease.
Provide high level triage for those inquiries which are unique and
ad hoc to appropriate stakeholder. Diplomatically ensure that
response was sent to inquirer.
- Provide guidance to N.U.in Alumni Ambassadors and other
temporary staff as to office protocols and policies along with any
other ad hoc need so that everyone is situated for success in an
- Support, and at times take the lead, on planning and
coordinating assigned aspects of first-year academically-integrated
program events, trainings and meetings.
- Assist the Events & Outreach Coordinator in planning and
execution of first year academically integrated events, which may
include but is not limited to working with various university and
non-university stakeholders, reserving room space, and creating
- Coordinate conference calls and videoconferencing. Ensure all
parties have necessary data in order to participate.
- Maintain online database collection of student files and forms
such as passport photos. Ensure student database is always current
- Ensure each document contained within student database meets
all criteria requirements.
- Provide support to the Communications & Digital Media
Coordinator in website postings such as posting country specific
alerts and announcements by remaining current of all such activity
through various means as well as performing actual posting within
necessary timeframes, including the removal of said posting once no
- Write and disseminate meeting minutes
- Copying and filing
- Support the Communications & Digital Media Coordinator in
maintaining social media presence (Facebook and Twitter) by
advising on post content and providing other updates so that the
NU's customized programs' media footprints remain relevant, active,
and current to incoming program participants as well as program
- Manage on-site program inventory, e.g., flash drives; password
logins; procurement cards, etc. Ensure collection of said items is
completed and delivered to appropriate party as part of site
closing activities. Coordinate with the GEO Operations
Administrative Assistant for the assignment and collection of cell
phones to staff.
- Mailing and shipping via FedEx
- Ordering supplies
- Complete special projects as needed and assist in other duties
- Participate in GEO and university projects as necessary.
- Lead GEO projects as necessary.
- Oversee applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Liaise with other Northeastern departments as needed.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required in higher education, international
education, or related field.
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience in higher education, with
preferred focus on international higher education, administrative
experience or related educational experience. Experience working
with students is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic, and intercultural
communication skills are required.
- Customer service experience is essential.
- Process flows understanding and the ability to work well in a
team environment with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Skype, and social media.
- Possess strong writing skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Detail oriented and strong organization, prioritization, time
management, and follow-through skills.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs and concerns of a diverse
- Ability and willingness to work evening and weekend hours as
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking
to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and
staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its
forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect
that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and
support of diversity and inclusion, please see
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/506141