Executive Assistant to the PNCA Dean
Job Description Summary:
The Executive Assistant to the PNCA Dean provides administrative
and coordination support for the operations of the Dean's office
and its organizational leadership. This administrative professional
position requires maintaining confidentiality and extensive
flexibility to effectively balance office reception, multiple
calendar scheduling, meeting/event preparation and support,
document approvals, systematic record-keeping, some writing and
editing, and special research projects. The person in this position
must be able to work independently to meet deadlines, shifting
priorities, and an often-demanding schedule.
• Responsible for day-to-day management of the office.
• Handles and prioritizes incoming issues and requests addressed to
• Responsible for understanding and interpreting highly sensitive
and confidential matters and documents.
• Communicates directly and professionally on behalf of the Dean to
community members, campus departments, other institutions, and all
• Manages calendars for the Dean and other members of the Dean's
• Responsible for official functions/events hosted by the Dean, as
well as specific College events, either on campus or off
• Tracking and managing invoices and billing as necessary in the
Dean's Office budget.
• Manages the flow of issues, projects, and problems requiring
either near-term responses or anticipatory preparations related to
the Dean's initiatives.
• Develops trust-based relationships with internal and external
stakeholders to facilitate information sharing and expedite problem
solving related to the Dean's initiatives.
• Writes, edits, or coordinates the creation of select
communications on behalf of the Dean. Processes and responds to
letters of select inquiries, complaints, and other types of
• Works closely with departments reporting directly to the
• Maintains files and records (electronic and hard copy) in an
organized, consistent and confidential manner, using university
procedures for protecting and maintaining the privacy of records,
and following relevant documents retention schedules.
• Assists with searches, including administrative assistance with
searches for academic faculty and other college positions.
• Processes daily mail, greet visitors, answer phones, maintain
office appearance, order office supplies, schedule maintenance,
filing and archiving, manage p-card statements, pay institutional
• Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and
student success, and high level of interpersonal and intercultural
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree or minimum of five years of executive support
experience of progressively responsible nature.
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to
• Competence in basic computer systems, data entry, and web
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent record keeping, proofreading, and writing skills as
well as a high degree of accuracy.
• Excellent interpersonal/people skills with ability to interact
with diversity of people both in and out of University, and at
different levels of the organization.
• Patience, integrity, and the ability to exercise good judgment
and diplomacy and to maintain a high level of
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and
student success, as well as working with broadly diverse
• Proven ability to handle complex and sensitive information with
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet
deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
Typical Work Schedule:
This position generally works Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
Typical work is performed indoors in a normal office
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
by July 30.