New hires for this position will be eligible for a
$750 sign-on bonus at the completion of 180 days of
Responsible for the preparation, cooking, transport, and serving of
scheduled menu items according to supervisor's instructions and
food production sheets. Ensures that food is properly and safely
prepared, stored, and served while complying with all applicable
sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards, appropriately
using supplies and equipment to minimize loss and waste.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a
criminal background check.
* Works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from
* Cultivates a positive work environment.
* Reviews production sheets and service menus to prepare
appropriate food items according to recipes and in adequate
* Prepares proteins, vegetables, fruits, and all other food items
for use in recipes to support the daily meal production. May
prepare items for the salad bar area.
* Prepares and cooks items throughout the shift and at individual
cook station according to supervisor’s instructions, service menu
and production sheets.
* Works with all kitchen personnel to ensure proper quality and
quantity of food produced in a timely manner that allows us to open
our doors on time. Assists other cooks as needed as well as other
kitchen workers and performs other duties as necessary or as
* Before service, checks food for taste, consistency, and
presentation and corrects known issues or alerts a
* Sets up service lines with food for meal and varies food
production to ensure food is fresh and proper amount is prepared so
that shortages or oversupply of food does not occur.
* Cleans, sweeps and mops work areas, including counters, floors,
dishes and related equipment as needed during the day and after
each shift to maintain an orderly kitchen.
* Ensure the highest standard in sanitary kitchen procedures, food
preparation, and food storage.
* Observes proper food storage and handling procedures to ensure a
safe and fresh product.
* May be required to lead a shift in the absence of the 1st cook or
* Performs other duties as assigned to assist the department in
obtaining and maintaining its mission including the set-up,
delivery and execution of catered functions in operations in or
around the campus.
High school degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced
culinary training through a accredited culinary school or
vocational program preferred. Must be Serve Safe certified or
successfully pass the exam after hire date.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must have thorough knowledge of quality volume food preparation and
production using accurate measurement with standard recipes.
Extensive knowledge of a variety of cooking methods and techniques,
proper safe food handling practices, and skills.
Must be able to use a variety of kitchen equipment in a safe
1 year of previous food preparation experience required.
Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs. numerous times during the day and
up to 50 lbs. several times each day. Must be able to push and pull
up to 150 lbs. frequently. Requires long periods of time standing,
as well as frequent bending and reaching.
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background
check. Information on our background check policy can be found
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/24226
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity,
equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury
recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from
across the United States and around the world. Middlebury
encourages applications from women, people of color, people with
disabilities, and members of other protected classes and
historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites
applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment
to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the