Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth
largest of N.C. Community College System's 58 institutions. On our
six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve
approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color.
We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational
outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including,
but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual
orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to
cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes,
develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an
exceptional person, who shares our institutional mission, vision,
and values, to join our team!
The Director of Grant Sponsored Programs is responsible for
developing and providing leadership in the strategic planning,
budgeting, and development for grants and contracts and key
services supporting proposal preparation and submission to external
funding sources. Sponsored programs include an array of research,
public service, and educationally related projects that are
supported by awards from federal, state, municipalities, and public
or private corporations. The Director provides overall leadership
and support of faculty and staff in securing funds for research,
scholarship, and creative activities, including training and
development of faculty and staff in all aspects of grantsmanship,
and aid in expanding innovative programs. Director reports to the
Senior Vice President of Instruction (SVPI) but is responsible for
accessing alternative funding to support the
- Master's degree from a regionally-accredited accredited
- Doctoral degree from a regionally-accredited accredited
- Three (3) years of successful management experience in
grants and contracts.
- Experience in Grant Writing (including Initial,
Pre-Award, and Post-Award)
- Experience in higher education grant administration with
demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and sponsor rules and
regulations related to grant and contract compliance.
- Experience in planning and implementing major initiatives
supported by grants/contracts.
- Greater than three (3) years of successful management
experience in grants and contracts.
- Significant experience as a Program Director/Principal
Investigator (PD/PI) of federally-funded grants.
- Significant experience as a reviewer/panelist for federal