Director Admissions & Records
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Oversee management of the daily operations of the Admissions and
Records department; including oversight of admissions,
registrations, transcripts, evaluations, awarding of certificates
and degrees. Maintenance of computerize databases, student
recordkeeping and reporting for the District, including maintaining
compliance with state regulations and local policies and procedures
and recommending revisions as appropriate; planning and directing
all procedures related to the registration and admission of
students; development and implementation of processes that support
the Admissions and Records Office. Oversee the management of the
International Student Program at San Joaquin Delta College; serve
as a Designated School Official (DSO). Serve as the custodian of
records for the college.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives limited direction from executive level management.
Incumbents work within a framework of established goals and
Incumbents in this classification assign, coordinate, supervise and
evaluate the work of others.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Plans, organizes, and oversees daily operation of the
Admissions and Records Office (including: admissions, CCC Apply,
Student Information System, evaluations, registration and
enrollment, degree audit, awarding of degrees and certificates and
department software systems); ensure that operating practices and
procedures are in compliance with district philosophies and
- Provides leadership by collaboratively working with the college
leadership team to establish and implement goals.
- Participates in the selection, training, and evaluation of the
Admissions and Records Office staff.
- Certifies general education requirements for students
transferring to senior colleges and universities. Verifies student
requirements for graduation.
- Assesses coordination of approved curriculum as it interfaces
with student registration processes to ensure that prerequisites
are properly functioning.
- Establish and define student record holds as it pertains to
registration and enrollment.
- Manages records processes including transcripts, verifications
of enrollment, subpoenas, petitions, grade changes and incompletes;
- Works with Information Technology Department to ensure that the
Student Information System is functioning properly and responds
immediately to problems; works with Information Services to resolve
issues; ensures that all beginning of term and end of term
processes are accurate and completed in a timely manner, in
particular, those that relate to MIS data reporting.
- Interprets policies, codes, rules, and regulations to students,
faculty, administration and staff.
- Act on a variety of student petitions, including residency
- Supervises and directs the work of the International Student
Program, including budget management, staff supervision and
evaluations, program panning and review, and student learning
- Serve as the Designated School Official including the
International Student Program.
- Oversee and supervise Campus telephone operators including
scheduling, supervision evaluation, and data collection.
- Interpret and implement federal and state regulations governing
Admissions and Records; maintain current knowledge of regulations;
develop and implement policies and procedures to comply with
changes in regulations and laws.
- Serve as custodian of student records for the purposes of
access, protection, confidentiality, and subpoenas.
- Coordinate internal and external audits with District's auditor
to ensure compliance with registration, residency, concurrent
enrollment, and student accounts.
- Serves on District committees related to enrollment management
and student services.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations
including the California Education Code requirements and federal
requirements for student residence, grading, Testing, admissions,
records, curriculum, and general education.
- Policies regarding student admissions, registration, records
and transcript requirements.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Principles of supervision, training, office management and
- Computer systems and software applications and rules that
relate to admissions, registration, records management, and
- Local, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to
admissions and records, including the Family Education Rights and
Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations.
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS, United States Citizenship
and Immigration Services (USCIS), and Student Exchange and Visitor
Information System SEVIS regulations and procedures that govern
International Student Programs.
- Computer systems and software applications related to
Admissions and Records, transcript evaluations, certificate and
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Interpret and apply state and federal laws regarding Admissions
- Interpret and apply federal laws regarding the International
- Evaluate and assess processes, policies, and procedures.
- Lead to a team to ensure high performance and a customer
service oriented work environment. Model and foster in staff
excellent customer service skills. Resolve complaints and
- Problem-solve and create solutions.
- Employ critical thinking to analyze and interpret complex
situations and materials.
- Provide leadership and stimulate cooperation among the
- Evaluate, train and manage staff.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Analyze data and prepare evaluative reports
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and
disabilities of community college students and staff.
- Support the District in achieving its mission, vision, and
strategic goals as appropriate in carrying out the duties of this
- Focus on student success, service excellence, and willingness
to assist colleagues District-wide, as needed
Master's degree from an accredited college or university in
business administration, public administration, student services
administration or related field.
Four (4) years of related experience, and at least two (2) years of
management or supervisory experience.
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 114,429
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 136,634
- External Closing Date: Aug 13, 2021
- External Opening Date: Jul 22, 2021
Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and
apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access
to its education programs and activities and makes all employment
decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity,
color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual
orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability,
pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally
protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and
gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual