Nursing Skills Facilitator
Formal review of applications begins: May 31, 2021
College of Nursing
Health Education Center
Key Position Information:
Functions as resources person to assist students in achieving their
nursing objectives on an individual and group basis in clinical and
Typical Essential Duties
- Assists nursing students on a group basis or in a
- Supervises students in clinical procedures;
- Controls and coordinates usage of laboratory equipment and
media to meet student and instructional requirements;
- Serves as resource person to assist students in
- Works with community agencies in related nursing
- Assesses student skills in coordination with instructor;
- Helps students practice skills.
This is the third of four levels in the Instructional Support
series. Incumbents plan, organize, coordinate, and provide
educational support services in an assigned area. Responsibilities
may include developing, scheduling, and implementing programs and
activities that support class goals and students' academic goals;
maintaining instructional equipment, materials, or other supplies;
and working directly with individual or groups of students to
assess and support academic progress.
Bachelor's Degree in a related field to assigned area.
Four (4) years of full-time experience in clinical practice as a
registered nurse, and/or actively engaged in studies leading to the
next higher degree in nursing to a related field, and/or the
equivalent of at least four (4) full-time academic years of
experience as a teacher of nursing.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience
sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
may be acceptable in lieu of those requirements listed
- Knowledge of the procedures and practices of the nursing
- Program coordination principles and practices;
- Academic program offerings;
- Customer service principles;
- Budgeting principles;
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations,
codes, and/or statutes;
- Advanced principles and practices in assigned area of
- Testing procedures and policies;
- Recordkeeping principles;
- Computers and related software applications.
- Analyzing processes, programs, and procedures and making
recommendations for improvement;
- Coordinating activities and/or programs;
- Providing customer service;
- Interpreting and applying applicable standards, laws, rules,
- Preparing and maintaining records and reports;
- Monitoring budgets;
- Compiling and maintaining data and information;
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction
with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc.
sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and
receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing,
walking, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work
involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking
and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary
criteria are met.
Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Florida.
These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may
Coordinates and assists in the development, implementation, and
supervision of instructional support goals, objectives, support
services, training programs, assessments, activities, and/or other
applicable program initiatives; may participate in the development
and presentation of educational programs and offerings.
Daily - 30%
Prepares, reviews, interprets, and analyzes a variety of
information, data, applications, contracts, agreements, test
results, forms, records, assessments, business correspondence, and
reports; makes academic recommendations based on findings.
Daily - 10%
Coordinates and processes all campus room reservations and rental
agreements utilized for meetings, classroom instruction, and
Daily - 20%
Responds to requests for information from faculty, staff, students,
outside agencies, and community regarding academic or instructional
programs; researches and resolves issues, complaints, and/or other
Daily - 30%
Prepares and administers budget; prepares cost estimates for budget
recommendations; submits justifications for budget items; monitors
and controls expenditures.
Daily - 10%
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
To apply, visit https://web.spcollege.edu/hrapp/job/4440
The Board of Trustees of St. Petersburg College affirms its
equal opportunity policy in accordance with the provisions of the
Florida Educational Equity Act and all other relevant state and
federal laws, rules and regulations. The college will not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex,
age, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or against any
qualified individual with disabilities in its employment practices
or in the admission and treatment of students. Recognizing that
sexual harassment constitutes discrimination on the basis of sex
and violates this Rule, the college will not tolerate such conduct.
Should you experience such behavior, please contact Pamela Smith,
the director of EA/EO/Title IX Coordinator at 727-341-3261; by mail
at P.O. Box 13489, St. Petersburg, FL 33733-3489; or by email at