Facilities Planning & Institutional
Key Position Information:
Incumbents coordinate directly with Interior Design and Planning
Departments to draft and produce accurate and effective building
schematics; prepare and review preliminary, as-built and design
drawings; meet project milestones and deliverable dates.
Responsibilities may include reading blueprints and performing
drafting under limited supervision; examining and verifying field
conditions and measurements; organizing project and drawing files;
maintaining master drawing files; updating building schematic
drawings; interpreting design criteria and transforming information
into working drawings under limited supervision; assist in
designing laboratories, offices and other spaces as needed by the
College; preparing working drawings for internal staff (electrical,
HVAC, plumbing, furniture, casework, and space-planning, as well as
reviewing associated furniture/casework proposals), attending
meetings with principal stakeholders (alongside supervisor when
necessary) and other College personnel; responsible for getting
drawing approval and respective sign-offs from all pertinent
parties; performing other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Minimum two (2) years AutoCAD experience OR possess an AutoCAD
technical drafting certificate from a certified technical school or
college. Experience in the architectural, engineering, planning, or
construction project management field is preferred.
*An equivalent combination of education and experience
sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job
may be acceptable in lieu of those requirements listed
- Proficiency in computer-aided drafting and design programs,
particularly Autocad, as well as Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Revit, and Bluebeam (PDF converter) as well as 3D
AutoCAD, Revit and BIM modeling software is preferred.
- Computers and related software applications.
- Must possess organizational skills to manage multiple tasks
- Must have full working knowledge of the latest version of
- Must have basic knowledge of MS PowerPoint
- Must know how to assemble architectural/design presentation
- Must be able to follow directives and possess good
communication skills and have the ability to interact with
building/office staff effectively
- Must be articulate and communicate well in e-mails and
- Communicate effectively with appropriate parties, including
both the client and the design team, in order to accomplish
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction
with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc.
sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and
receive work direction
- Must be detail-oriented and quality-driven
- Strong self-motivated work ethic and willing to learn new
- Possess strong problem-solving abilities
- Positions in this class typically require: reaching,
standing, walking, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds
of force constantly to move objects.
- Incumbents may be subjected to fumes, dusts, extreme
temperatures, intense noises and travel.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to
various campuses as required.
These duties are a representative sample; position
assignments may vary.
Updates the colleges building schematics
Daily - 40%
Field verifies dimensions of spaces
Daily - 10%
Updates college construction shared folder with updated
Daily - 15%
Organizes shop files
Daily - 10%
Daily - 10%
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
As Required - 15%
To apply, visit https://web.spcollege.edu/hrapp/job/4196
The Board of Trustees of St. Petersburg College affirms its
equal opportunity policy in accordance with the provisions of the
Florida Educational Equity Act and all other relevant state and
federal laws, rules and regulations. The college will not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex,
age, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or against any
qualified individual with disabilities in its employment practices
or in the admission and treatment of students. Recognizing that
sexual harassment constitutes discrimination on the basis of sex
and violates this Rule, the college will not tolerate such conduct.
Should you experience such behavior, please contact Pamela Smith,
the director of EA/EO/Title IX Coordinator at 727-341-3261; by mail
at P.O. Box 13489, St. Petersburg, FL 33733-3489; or by email at