Associate Director, Athletics, Compliance Coordinator
Target Hire Date
07/01/2021 - 2 days to go
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
Responsible for scheduling and overseeing all activities (athletic
and non-athletic related) that take place in the Piano Row Gym and
the Athletic “SkyBox” at Emerson College. Responsible for “game
day” activities that pertain to Piano Row Gym and “Skybox”.
Procures, directs, and coordinates a variety of duties dealing with
the purchasing, distribution, and maintenance of athletic equipment
and uniforms to all student athletes for all college athletic
programs. Attendance at NEWMAC meeting and committee
representation, as needed. Liaison to student organizations as they
relate to athletics, execution of game contracts and regular
communication with all necessary constituents. Knowledge and
enforcement of NCAA, NEWMAC and institutional compliance, rules and
regulations. To ensure good standing within NCAA and NEWMAC and
mitigate NCAA infractions responsibilities include eligibility
clearance including but not limited to verification of academic
standing, academic registration, completion of required NCAA
compliance paperwork and mandated regular compliance meetings. Day
to day compliance oversight included.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Your Other Responsibilities:
- Facilities: assist with setup, operation, and take-down of
daily practices and games by various teams of the college's
- Provide leadership on projects as assigned.
- Serve as department liaison with other areas of the College
including student organizations as it relates to athletics.
- Assist with the visiting teams and officials, as well as crowd
control during events/games as assigned.
- Plan, establish and implement a regularly occurring
preventative maintenance program.
- Provide immediate response to athletic facility emergency
- Responsible for helping to find alternate facilities in sports
that do not have home facilities. Schedules all home contests and
processes all home contracts.
- Equipment management: Distribution, retrieval, planning,
coordinating, purchasing, and maintaining equipment used by the
department in compliance with college & NCAA regulations.
Inspect all incoming supplies while maintaining an efficient
inventory system and inventory control. Typical duties: issues to
and ensures retrieval of athletic equipment and clothing from
teams. Stores athletic equipment for daily and seasonal use;
maintains inventories and records of athletic equipment and
clothing. Ensures athletic clothing is laundered according to
fabric and care requirements; operates and cleans clothes washers
- Compliance: Monitor satisfactory academic progress and academic
standing in addition to full-time status. Ensures completion of all
NCAA eligibility requirements by all student-athletes. Administers
and facilitates all mandatory compliance meetings. Addresses and
oversees day- to-day compliance questions and concerns.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Participation in NEWMAC meetings and conference committees as
- Knowledge and enforcement of NCAA, NEWMAC and institutional
compliance rules and regulations
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's degree with significant knowledge in a variety of
sports and five to seven years experience that is directly related
to duties and responsibilities.
- Compliance responsibilities include oversight of eligibility of
all student-athletes to include academic eligibility and successful
completion of all forms.
- Five to seven years of experience with knowledge of and
experience in enforcing all NCAA, institutional and conference
rules and regulations required.
- Five years of supervisory experience.
- Certification in CPR/ Defibrillation and first aid, valid
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn
and utilize other software applications as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively, and meet
deadlines on a regular basis.
- Master's degree and seven years of athletic administration
experience at the intercollegiate level preferred. Ideal candidates
should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the nature and
goals of a liberal arts college and have the ability to work within
an academic setting with a commitment to student development.
- Seven years of experience in facility management as well as
seven years of compliance oversight and enforcement. Experience
with Front Rush and Workday are a plus.
- Usual Office Conditions
- Intellectual and mental concentration and the need to
concentrate, intellectually, for extended periods of time -
- Requires the constant coordination of mental and visual
attention - No
- Requires the ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of
time - No
- Required to move/lift objects that are - Light
- Required to move/life objects - Occasionally
- Travel? - Moderate(25% of the time)
Grade of Position: A17E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
Hiring Range: $73,550.00 - $77,100.00
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Associate-Director--Athletics--Compliance-Coordinator_JR002707
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution
dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a
liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of
the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to
major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers.
The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands.
Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate
students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational
experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from
individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and
perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our
co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College
enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our
campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening
communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development
of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful
citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.
Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in
its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the
Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to
respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct
Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza,
Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone:
617-824-8999; email: email@example.com
Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson
College commits to providing all current and prospective students
and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for
each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police
Information on Emerson College staff grade range