Postdoctoral Research Associate in Biogeography
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
S&E - Life Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
- This position is part of a collaborative, 3-year NSF funded DBI
project title *phyloregion, computational infrastructure for
biogeographic regionalization and macroecology in the R computing
The position is 100% research in developing analytical methods and
tools for evolutionary biogeography and macroecology in the Daru
Lab ((https://barnabasdaru.com/) in the
Department of Life Sciences at Texas A&M University-Corpus
- Develop new methods for biome evolution;
- Develop new tools to visualize patterns of biogeography,
macroecology and evolution;
- Develop new tools for conservation that reflect the key
dimensions of phylogenetic diversity including richness, divergence
- Participate in a biogeography-method users workshop in Laguna
Madre Field Station in the Gulf of Mexico in south Texas in Years 1
and 3 of the project and Turtle Cove Field Station, Louisiana in
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in ecology, biology, evolution, biogeography,
statistics or a related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in spatial analysis and programming in
the R computing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with GIS/geospatial analysis, R package development,
Git, and/or reproducible research.
- Applicants should electronically submit a single PDF containing
- A 2-page cover letter detailing your research interests and
skills that closely match the position;
- A CV (with 3-5 references listed at the end).
- Direct any questions to Dr. Barnabas Daru at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The start date is September 2021, with flexibility.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Postdoctoral-Research-Associate-in-Biogeography_R-039725