Professional Assistant Professor, Biomedical Sciences
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
S&E - Life Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Department of Life Sciences in the College of Science &
Engineering invites applications for a non-tenure track
Professional Assistant Professor of Biomedical Sciences to begin
spring 2022. We seek a faculty member who will contribute to the
undergraduate programs in biomedical science. This position
provides opportunities to teach other courses in the applicant's
area of expertise. The successful candidate will be asked to
contribute with other departmental faculty in serving on
pre-professional committees such as the Health Professions Advisory
Committee (HPAC), Joint Admissions Medical Program (JAMP) and the
Partnership for Primary Care (PPC). This position is also expected
to teach upper division undergraduate courses in biomedical
sciences. The teaching assignment for professional assistant
faculty in the Department of Life Sciences is 5:5 courses per
The Department of Life Sciences has 29 tenured or tenure-track
faculty, 5 professional track faculty and over 1,200 science
majors. It offers B.S. degrees in Biology, Biomedical Science, and
Clinical Laboratory Science, M.S. degrees in Biology, Marine
Biology, and Fisheries & Mariculture, and a Ph.D. in Marine
Biology. The selected faculty will be housed in a new
state-of-the-art three-story building, Tidal Hall, which supports 9
instructional labs and 34 research labs.
- Doctoral degree in Biology or related field.
- Experience teaching at the university level.
- Ability to work effectively with others and demonstrate the
ability to communicate ideas clearly.
- Experience in teaching genetics, anatomy and physiology, and/or
- Experience advising students interested in pursuing health
- Experience with outreach and coordination with medical
professionals in the community.
- Ability to perform other duties such as pre-professional
TO APPLY: https://hr.tamucc.edu/careers/index.html
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for
A completed application will include:
1. Cover letter describing interest in the position.
2. Curriculum vitae.
3. A statement for each of following: (1) teaching philosophy, (2)
teaching interest and (3) commitment to diversity and
4. Copies of unofficial transcripts of graduate coursework.
5. Copies of teaching evaluations, if available.
6. Four professional references including name, address, title,
telephone number, and email addresses.
The job posting will remain open until a finalist is selected.
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Questions can be addressed to Dr. Ivy Jones at 361-825-3259 or
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Professional-Assistant-Professor--Biomedical-Sciences_R-039240-1