Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Business Coordinator provides direct financial services and
business operations support for the athletics department. This
position will work closely with all athletic department units and
sport programs to manage business functions including procurement,
accounts payable, contracts, university credit cards, budgets,
payroll, and financial operations.
- Create purchasing requests, travel requests and reports, petty
cash requests and reconciliations and purchasing card
reconciliations for assigned sports and assigned support
- Serve as a liaison with university Human Resources department.
Execute the hiring process for all full-time and part-time workers,
as well as student workers for the department. Oversee payroll
operations and onboarding of new employees.
- Responsible for athletics sports camps which includes being the
liaison to Campus Outreach and Athletics Compliance Office, the
hiring of camp workers, maintaining camp policies and procedures,
pre-camp requirements and financial camp reporting.
- Serve as primary contact and intermediary between department
and apparel contract representative. Place all orders and receive
all goods to ensure all equipment and uniform needs are met for all
sport practices, competitions, and department requests.
- Assist in the annual budget preparation process for the
Athletic Department including developing revenue/expense
projections and serving as point of contact with university. Assist
coaches and department heads with annual budget
- Assist in the preparation of EADA, Audited Financial
Statements, open records requests, internal audits, financial
projections, and contract reviews.
- Work closely with departments across campus such as, but not
limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing and
- Ensure compliance with all NCAA, Southland Conference, and
TAMUCC rules and regulations pertaining to all areas of the
university and athletics department.
- Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of the
Associate Athletics Director for Business.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business-related
- Two (2) years of related experience in a financial
- Additional education may be considered as a substitution for
the minimum experience requirement:
o Masters degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business-related
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to
communicate courteously and effectively with students, faculty,
staff, and public.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy maintaining
records. Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on
paperless office practices.
- Customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to research and analyze related work program
- Ability to develop, recommend, interpret, and apply policies
- Experience in financial management position in higher education
or similar academic setting.
- Experience in a collegiate or professional athletics
- Experience in sport operations and/or program
- Knowledge of Texas A&M University System automated
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Business-Coordinator_R-039518