The Graduate School at Emporia State University invites
applications for the position of Director of Graduate Recruiting
and Marketing. The successful candidate will begin October 18,
The Director of Graduate Recruiting and Marketing works under
the supervision of the Dean of the Graduate School and Distance
Education and serves as the primary liaison between the Graduate
School and ESU Marketing & Media Relations. Responsibilities
- MARKETING: manage marketing campaigns for the
Graduate School, working closely with academic deans and Marketing
and Media Relations.
- Track and analyze available data (through Google and TargetX)
to ensure budgeted advertising resources are efficiently and
- Proactively work with each graduate program to identify
communication and marketing opportunities.
- Facilitate the design and production of publications and
promotional materials for the Graduate School, including viewbooks,
digital and print messaging, and other materials as
- Attend ESU Marketing meetings.
- COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS:
coordinate communications between the Graduate School and internal
and external audiences through a variety of formats (e.g., website,
social media, newsletters, videos)
- Coordinate production of regular internal communications with
students, faculty/staff, administration, the ESU Foundation, and
other internal university audiences.
- Work with Marketing and Media Relations to assist in the
creation of website content, presentations, videos, etc. for use by
the Graduate School.
- Assist the Dean and Department Chairs with various aspects of
public relations. For example, student relations, donor/alumni
relations, community relations and corporate relations.
- EVENT PLANNING: help plan, coordinate, promote
and provide appropriate follow-up on events across the Graduate
- Secure locations, plan logistics and catering for events.
- Consult with ESU Marketing & Media to arrange photo/video
shoots and press releases.
- Examples of events will include but are not limited to:
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Capitol Graduate Research Summit
- Research and Creativity Day
- Student Recruitment Fairs
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, or related
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and
collaboratively with a team.
- Skilled in social and digital media management.
- A commitment to the mission of the Graduate School.
- Experience in public relations, event planning, marketing,
- Graphic design skills (training and/or experience)
Interested applicants should submit a resumé that includes three
professional references and a cover letter detailing training and
experience to fulfill responsibilities listed above. Application
materials are uploaded at https://bit.ly/370SAFu. A background
check and official transcripts will be required prior to hire.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color,
national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity,
gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a
disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors
which cannot be considered by law.