Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work,
learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great
College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty,
staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that
is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests
of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go
in your career, you can get there from here!
The Continuing Education Department at HCC Non-credit Languages
and Culture is looking for a dynamic and energetic person to serve
as the Operations and Registration Assistant. This position
provides administrative, clerical, registration, and data support
to the ELC, World Languages, and Adult Basic Skills staff and
instructors. This position works onsite at our campus in Columbia,
Key duties include:
- Helping with planning and preparation of scheduled registration
- Performing records and registration functions, including
registration, transfers/drops, address/biographical updates, and
- Working with the Registration and Business Office staff to
resolve all registration, payment and refund issues
- Assisting with data collection and error corrections for
- Maintaining and updating records and checklists for all courses
- Tracking faculty submission of student information (including
grades) and updating database (Colleague) as needed
- Overseeing course evaluation process, including preparing
form/links, distributing, monitoring, and collecting data
- Overseeing online advising report process, including preparing
forms, distributing, monitoring, and collecting data
- Managing operation of the reception area including supervising
front-desk staff and coordinating clerical workflow for the
- AA required; BA or BS preferred.
- Skill in management and supervision preferred.
- Three years of office experience minimum.
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring data integrity.
- Experienced in MS Office; knowledge of scanner applications
- Extensive experience in using a database system and email.
- Ability to run and analyze reports from the database.
- Possesses internet skills.
- Able to operate a personal computer and basic office
- Prior experience working with foreign-born population is
- Proficiency in a second language strongly preferred.
Hours Per Week: 37.5 hours
Work Schedule: 8:30AM - 5:00PM with regular evening hours and
Compensation: $43,948 plus excellent medical & dental, tuition
reimbursement and paid leave
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: August 6, 2021
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition
As a participating member of the Maryland Retirement and Pension
System, HCC offers two retirement options: The Pension, which
requires a 7% employee contribution and The ORP, a 403(b) with a
7.25% employer contribution only. Employees in positions that do
not require a bachelor's degree must participate in The Pension.
Employees that possess a bachelor's degree and hold professional
positions that require a bachelor's degree may choose to
participate in either The Pension or The ORP.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment
Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values
diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information,
disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need
assistance with the job application process and/or with the
interview process. For confidential assistance with the job
application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources
HCC is interested in all qualified applicants who are eligible
to work in the United States. However, HCC will generally not
sponsor applicants for work visas. Due to our telework policy, only
employees living in states contiguous to Maryland are eligible for
telework and include Virginia, West Virginia, Washington DC,
Pennsylvania. Candidates must live in the commutable area or
willing to relocate at their own expense if offered the position
because HCC does not offer relocation benefits.
Please submit the following:
- Completed Application (Candidates will be evaluated on
completing the college's application in full)
- Cover Letter