Under the direction and guidance of the Academic Dean, the
Associate Academic Dean provides administrative management and
leadership for the Division. Primary responsibilities include
supporting the academic management and operations of the division
and supporting the Dean in furthering the academic mission and
direction of the College. The Associate Dean also supervises
Classified staff in the department within the division. This
position is expected to work in a multi-cultural diverse working
- Proven experience in developing and implementing
inter-departmental and cross organizational strategic initiatives,
ideally within and between secondary and post-secondary
- Understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community
- Ability to foster student-centered environments
- Ability to promote effective teaching and learning based on
knowledge of contemporary methods of instructional delivery and
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate and collaborate
with colleagues and senior staff on multi-agency initiatives
- Ability to work with technical, developmental, and transfer
- Ability to promote uses of technology for instructional
delivery and distance learning
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Experience with analyzing and effectively communicating
- Knowledge of management and supervisory principles
- Understanding of collective bargaining and contract
This description is intended to indicate the types of duties and
responsibilities requested of the employee assigned this title. It
is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and
responsibilities that may be required:
- Works with Dean to implement major research, planning,
assessment, and tracking initiatives relating to curriculum
development, program development, student learning, and other
- Works collaboratively with College administration, faculty, and
representatives from area K-12 school districts to initiate,
establish, and maintain appropriate articulation and related
agreements that support the academic mission of the College
- Serves as liaison to work with the campus staff to
appropriately research, direct, and route student questions,
appeals, and other related issues.
- Plans and implements activities that increase participation in
secondary partnership opportunities.
- Represents administrative views and needs on college wide
committees concerning issues related to assigned areas of
- Assists with coordination of adjunct faculty orientations.
- Directs events and activities such as early college and dual
enrollment programs, career technical education (CTE) articulation
- Assists with developing the annual departmental budget, faculty
needs, and curriculum; assists Dean in monitoring budgetary
- Facilitates ongoing program evaluation and assessment.
- Represents the College on external advisory boards and
committees, as directed.
- Monitors program compliance with articulation agreements and
- Collaborates with other members of campus leadership teams to
advance the mission of the College.
- Provides supervision for Classified staff, where appropriate,
to include the assignment and distribution of tasks and projects,
training, performance evaluation, and reviewing sick and vacation
- Serves on appropriate college wide committees and assists with
the formulation of policies, procedures, goals, and
- Engages in participatory governance pursuant to labor
agreements, College policy, and applicable laws.
- Represents the College in appropriate community and
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Ability to work additional hours, as needed.
EDUCATION: Master's degree in any disipline.
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) of more years of administrative experience,
preferably in an academic area at a community college, with two (2)
or more years combined experience establishing and overseeing
academic initiatives between educational institutions,
governmental, and non-governmental agencies.