Attention Current Willamette University Employees:
to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log
into your Workday account and apply through the Career
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please
complete our online employment application. Your application and
all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page --
must be submitted for each individual job post that you are
interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline,
please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline.
Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your
The videographer is committed to effectively and efficiently
communicating the message of Willamette University through inspired
video and art direction. Films and edits video content for
university recruitment purposes. Maintains a flexible work schedule
in order to accommodate evening and weekend shifts and travel to
on-site locations for filming and/or photography. Reporting to the
Vice President of Marketing and Communications at Willamette, the
role of the Marcom team is to execute multi-channel communications
strategies that help the university achieve its enrollment goals at
the undergraduate and graduate levels and support in the retention
of current students at the university. The unit is responsible for
developing and executing targeted messaging and storytelling to a
wide range of audiences including prospective undergraduates,
transfer students, graduate students, international students,
students with veteran status and family members who support their
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with a collaborative team to create the film or video
- Generate ideas and concepts which satisfy specific marketing
and creative objectives
- Films video content for production using DSLR cameras, making
technical decisions regarding such elements as appropriate
lighting, shooting angle and placement and type of microphone,
location, use of movement and interviews.
- Edits and assembles final visual/audio content; ensures
consistency and relevancy to production; monitors technical quality
of end product.
- Tests all equipment to determine technical quality of
recording, audio and lighting apparatus prior to operation in the
- Oversees the security, operation and maintenance of equipment
utilized in shooting and editing.
- Interacts with and interviews WU student body, and is
responsible for exhibiting a professional and friendly presence as
representatives of WU.
- Works with the Art Director to capture designated subjects or
events using state-of-the-art techniques in order to provide
video/photographic needs for exhibition, publication, web sites,
social media, research, public relations or preservation
- As part of the Marketing and Communications team provides video
and photographic services that support the University
- Utilize creativity as well as knowledge of lighting,
composition, camera/lens combination, and editing
- Helps plan, schedule and perform video/photo shoots including
all post-production processing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Radio/TV, Film, Fine Arts or related area
AND one-year experience operating video cameras and editing
equipment OR Five years-experience operating video cameras and
editing equipment; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience
and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and
abilities have been achieved.
- Must have a strong appreciation for diversity and enthusiasm
for working with diverse populations.
Typical Work Schedule
Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm with some weeknight and weekend
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Experience leading the development of video
- Experience with variable data video, computer graphics,
animation, and special effects
- Experience filming video with DSLR cameras.
- Experience with problem-solving and decision making.
- Demonstrated knowledge with the Adobe Creative Suite,
specifically Premier Pro and After Effects.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written
Intermittent physical effort involving lifting and moving video
equipment such as cameras and lighting.
Large percentage of time spent looking at a computer screen or in
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000
Applications will be reviewed beginning on August 2.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a
criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not
automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of
conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the
You will need to upload the following documents as part of your
application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Videographer_R0003706
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and
to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting
and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek
candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented
groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus
varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume
- Link to sample(s) of prior work and/or portfolio