Assist Rink Manager in preparing and maintaining indoor and outdoor
ice rinks and associated areas of the gym to support sports
Seasonal, October to mid-March, 20 - 30 hours/week, Monday –
Saturday 4:30pm- 10:30pm; Sunday 6:00am - 1:00pm, as needed.
Schedule may vary according to departmental and Academy
- Assist Rink Manager in preparing rinks for all rink-related
- Operate and maintain Ice Resurfacers and ice edger.
- Operate and perform routine preventative maintenance on ice
- Perform routine maintenance and repair work during and at the
end of the skating season.
- Clean Plexiglas shields and rink boards after each skating
- Secure and lockup rinks after night and/or weekend rentals and
- Clean rink areas, including rest rooms, team rooms, hallways,
stands, players’ boxes and penalty boxes.
- Sweep, wash and mop floors, empty trash, replenish toilet paper
and perform other similar duties.
- Shovel snow at rink entrances/exits, emergency exits and other
areas as directed.
- Sweep front entrance stairs.
- Contact and assist emergency personnel in the event of a
- Assist Grounds staff with campus maintenance as needed.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Experience with rink operations preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and
maintain collegial relationships.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an
orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in
all aspects of Academy life.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a
strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities
and deadlines simultaneously.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be
flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a
professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including