About Worcester State University:
WORCESTER STATE UNIVERSITY is a liberal arts and sciences
university with a long tradition of academic excellence dating back
to 1874, as well as an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer that seeks to reflect the diversity of its community. Our
workforce is dedicated to academic quality, student-centered
programming, engaged citizenship, open exchanges of ideas,
diversity and inclusiveness, and civility and integrity. We are
looking for job applicants who share these values and commitment to
Worcester State is centrally located in Massachusetts, about an
hour's drive from Boston, Springfield, and Providence, Rhode
Island. Our 58-acre campus is nestled in the residential northwest
side of Worcester--the second largest city in New England and home
to 37,000 college students at more than a dozen colleges and
universities. Over 6,000 of those students attend Worcester
State--approximately 5,300 are undergraduates and 1,000 are
graduate students. Learn more about us at worcester.edu/about
Staff Assistant for End User Support
Associate Director for End User
May supervise temporary or student
personnel as assigned
General Statement of Duties:
The Staff Assistant for End
User Support is responsible for supporting the University's
end-user service technologies. The incumbent supports both
classroom and lab technologies, as well as assists with the needs
of the IT Help Desk and the Laptop Repair Depot, and performs other
similar technology support as assigned.
(E) = Essential
- (E) Provides support for the daily operations of the student,
faculty and staff laptop and desktop support.
- (E) Images, delivers and sets up computers and peripherals
- (E) Assists in the maintenance of laboratory technology.
Performs computer upgrades, software installations, and hardware
repairs; secures devices to location, etc.
- (E) Supports classroom technology; responds to tickets,
troubleshoots problems, performs repairs, computer upgrades, and
software installations, ensures computers are working
- (E) Covers open shifts at the Help Desk and Laptop Repair Depot
- (E) Assists with performance of ticket triage at the Help Desk
as needed; sets priority, directs to appropriate group for
- (E) Creates documentation for training and for IT reference
- (E) Assists with the documentation of best practices, policies,
and procedures for student laptop and campus computing
- (E) Assists with the adaptation and integration of new end-user
technologies and services across campus.
- (E) Assists with training part-time and student
- (E) Provides coverage at events, such as Orientation, Open
- (E) Stays up-to-date on potential security threats and
- (E) Demonstrates civility and professional, customer-service
oriented behavior, worthy of emulation by other staff and
- (E) Responsible for contributing to the WSU Strategic
- (E) Responsible for contributing to Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3 - 5 years of experience within IT
- Experience working with several operating environments,
including Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and Chrome OS.
- Experience with basic technologies and protocols
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; both written and
- Self-motivated; ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to push and pull a cart outside and inside, up and down
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, kneel, etc. for purposes of
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends for events
- Ability to learn and adapt to changes in technologies
- Ability to pass a thorough background check
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with
or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Worcester State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer which seeks to reflect the diversity of its
The firm annual salary range for this full-time, exempt, benefited
APA position is: $40,000 - $45,000.
All applicants must apply online at
Expected documents for submission include a cover letter, resume,
and a list of three professional references with contact
information. Applicants must complete the National Student
Clearinghouse Authorization form or submit the official transcript
of highest degree.
All information that can be uploaded to one's e-account should be
done so by the applicant; information which cannot may be faxed to
508-929-8169 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or may be sent to the
Executive Director, Chief Human Resources Officer
Worcester State University
486 Chandler Street
Worcester, MA 01602-2597