About Worcester State University:
WORCESTER STATE UNIVERSITY is a liberal arts and sciences
university with a long tradition of academic excellence dating back
to 1874, as well as an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer that seeks to reflect the diversity of its community. Our
workforce is dedicated to academic quality, student-centered
programming, engaged citizenship, open exchanges of ideas,
diversity and inclusiveness, and civility and integrity. We are
looking for job applicants who share these values and commitment to
Worcester State is centrally located in Massachusetts, about an
hour's drive from Boston, Springfield, and Providence, Rhode
Island. Our 58-acre campus is nestled in the residential northwest
side of Worcester--the second largest city in New England and home
to 37,000 college students at more than a dozen colleges and
universities. Over 6,000 of those students attend Worcester
State--approximately 5,300 are undergraduates and 1,000 are
graduate students. Learn more about us at worcester.edu/about
Staff Associate, Instructional
Associate VP of Academic Affairs;
indirectly supervised by Director for the Center for Teaching &
General Statement of Duties:
The Staff Associate,
Instructional Designer works collaboratively with faculty, staff,
and other University constituents to assist in designing
high-quality courses that meet best practices, in a variety of
modalities. The incumbent applies research-based best practices in
course design and leverages effective tools, resources, and
techniques that enhance student learning.
(E) = Essential
- (E) Works collaboratively to assist in designing high-quality
courses that meet best practices, in a variety of modalities.
- (E) Collaborates with faculty for the purposes of integrating
student engagement and instructional technological and
non-technological techniques into the design, development and
implementation of instruction.
- (E) Conducts workshops and other trainings on a variety of
pedagogy and instructional technology-related topics.
- (E) Develops materials for instructors that are accessible,
engaging, relevant, and pedagogically sound.
- (E) Assists faculty with integrating active/engaged learning
strategies into course design.
- (E) Identifies and evaluates relevant pedagogical approaches
that address key institutional needs.
- (E) Assists in the design, development, and production of
learning materials using digital media (audio, video and web) and
the application of student-centered instructional design
- (E) Cultivates resources to support faculty in designing,
funding, implementing, and disseminating scholarship of teaching
and learning; works with the Office of Grants and Sponsored
- (E) Demonstrates civility and professional, customer-service
oriented behavior, worthy of emulation by other staff and
- (E) Responsible for contributing to the WSU Strategic
- (E) Responsible for contributing to Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design, Instructional
Technology, Education or related field
- At least two years of experience in curriculum or instructional
design and classroom teaching
- Knowledge of instructional technology in higher education
- Knowledge of pedagogy and student engagement in a variety of
- Knowledge of Universal Design and ADA standards for course
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written
formats and work collegially with all persons in a diverse and
- Knowledge of training best practices and instructional design
- Knowledge of learning management systems (Blackboard)
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and motivation skills
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with
or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to successful pass a thorough background check
- Master's degree in Instructional Design, Instructional
Technology, Education or related field
Worcester State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer which seeks to reflect the diversity of its
It is the policy of Worcester State University that all employees
be vaccinated against COVID-19 before they begin employment. Proof
of the COVID-19 vaccine is required of all individuals hired by
WSU, to be verified after an offer of employment has been made, and
as part of the background check process. Prospective employees may
submit a request for exemption based on a religious and/or medical
basis, to Human Resources.
The firm annual salary range for this full-time, exempt, benefited
APA position is: $50,000 - $62,000.
All applicants must apply online at
Expected documents for submission include a cover letter, resume,
and a list of three professional references with contact
information. Applicants must complete the National Student
Clearinghouse Authorization form or submit the official transcript
of highest degree.
All information that can be uploaded to one's e-account should be
done so by the applicant; information which cannot may be faxed to
508-929-8169 or emailed to email@example.com, or may be sent to the
Executive Director, Chief Human Resources Officer
Worcester State University
486 Chandler Street
Worcester, MA 01602-2597