About Worcester State University:
WORCESTER STATE UNIVERSITY is a liberal arts and sciences
university with a long tradition of academic excellence dating back
to 1874, as well as an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer that seeks to reflect the diversity of its community. Our
workforce is dedicated to academic quality, student-centered
programming, engaged citizenship, open exchanges of ideas,
diversity and inclusiveness, and civility and integrity. We are
looking for job applicants who share these values and commitment to
Worcester State is centrally located in Massachusetts, about an
hour's drive from Boston, Springfield, and Providence, Rhode
Island. Our 58-acre campus is nestled in the residential northwest
side of Worcester--the second largest city in New England and home
to 37,000 college students at more than a dozen colleges and
universities. Over 6,000 of those students attend Worcester
State--approximately 5,300 are undergraduates and 1,000 are
graduate students. Learn more about us at worcester.edu/about
Staff Assistant, Operations Coordinator for
Director of Conference and Event
May supervise student employees, as
General Statement of Duties:
The Staff Assistant, Operations
Coordinator for Events is responsible for managing operations for
meetings/events organized for and by faculty, staff, students and
external entities that contract with the University for conference
and event services. They are responsible for managing the room
reservation software including day-to-day system operations and
(E) = Essential
- (E) Executes logistical support for a broad range of internal
and external clients using university facilities for events
including: meetings, conferences, special events, and large-scale
- (E) Coordinates with various departments to ensure safe use of
space and efficient timing of setups, equipment delivery, and
facility turnover/room resets.
- (E) Oversees the set-up, operation, and tear-down of
audio/visual equipment required for meetings and events on
- (E) Provides on-site event management as required to facilitate
operations and ensure all aspects of an event are carried out to
the client's satisfaction. Responds to emergencies/problems as
- (E) Assists in oversight of day-to-day actions of 30-40 part
time undergraduate staff hired to execute room and audio/visual
- (E) Assists senior staff with recruiting, hiring, training,
scheduling, supervising, and evaluating student employees.
- (E) Manages off hours and weekend questions related to
operational support of events on campus, as assigned.
- (E) Responsible for the overall system administration of the
university's room scheduling software. Provides guidance,
expertise, and oversight in the facilitation of efficient and
optimized non-academic scheduling of university facilities.
- (E) Manages day-to-day room scheduling software system
operations and infrastructure maintenance including, but not
limited to: security group assignment; scheduling/editing
blackouts; task flow management; and room and resource inventory
- (E) Serves as the primary contact to room scheduling software
end-users providing support, training, and managing
rights/authorization within the system. Develops/updates training
manuals/programs and conducts trainings for end-users on a regular
basis. Provides assistance and information to end-users regarding
facility use and capabilities. Maintains contact with end-users via
telephone, email, and written correspondence.
- (E) Responsible for carrying out office/university policy with
respect to the management of the room scheduling software.
- (E) Demonstrates civility and professional, customer-service
oriented behavior, worthy of emulation by other staff and
- (E) Responsible for contributing to the WSU Strategic
- (E) Responsible for contributing to Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in campus center or other facilities management,
setup crew supervision, or related conference operations, suitable
to effectively perform this job.
- Working knowledge of current technology in sound systems,
presentation equipment, stage lighting, and stage equipment.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with professional
- Ability to supervise student staff effectively.
- Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of room
scheduling software; capacity to quickly become proficient in new
software and software upgrades, and to train others.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously and
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organization, communication, and customer services
- Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including
nights and weekends as necessary.
- Must be able to climb ladders to a height of 20' and lift
objects of up to 30lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position
with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to pass a thorough background check.
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency with room scheduling software such as 25Live, EMS
or Ad Astra.
- Experience with room scheduling software administration.
Worcester State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer which seeks to reflect the diversity of its
The firm annual salary range for this full-time, exempt, benefited
APA position is: $45,000 - $50,000.
All applicants must apply online at
Expected documents for submission include a cover letter, resume,
and a list of three professional references with contact
information. Applicants must complete the National Student
Clearinghouse Authorization form or submit the official transcript
of highest degree.
All information that can be uploaded to one's e-account should be
done so by the applicant; information which cannot may be faxed to
508-929-8169 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or may be sent to the
Executive Director, Chief Human Resources Officer
Worcester State University
486 Chandler Street
Worcester, MA 01602-2597